Brother may have had a stroke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will probably be going out there this weekend. I was supposed to go to chicago this weekend with my son for a hockey tournement but looks like thats not going to happen I am sending my son with a friend.

pdswife1 said:
Your brother is lucky to have you Bang!!

I don't know about that. I wish I could help him more than I have. Is biggest problem is drinking and he is the one that needs to do something about it.

Bangbang said:
I don't know about that. I wish I could help him more than I have. Is biggest problem is drinking and he is the one that needs to do something about it.
bang unfortunately that's true. we're going through it with my dad. he's been a very heavy drinker for about 35 yrs now. as a matter of fact his stroke was alcohol induced.

So sorry, Bang. There are some Dual Diagnosis meetings out there. Perhaps when he's feeling better, you could go together, or encourage him to go? Maybe the hospital has a day treatment program. It would help take his mind off his problems. (Just a thought.) Try to keep your recovery in mind & the good things you've done for yourself. Share it with him. Life can certainly be a challenge sometimes. Sending all good thoughts & hugs your way. PM me any time.

Michelle

Bang, i'm sorry to hear about your brother. Will keep him, your mom and you in my thoughts and prayers.

kadesma

I'm sorry your family is facing some very trying times right now Bang. Your all in my prayers! Head up guy.........and I'm glad your planning on going to him. I know thats a tough decision on your part vs. going to your sons game. But sometimes we get lucky and by showing our support for someone that is down it is just that straw for them to grasp to turn themselves around. Lets hope and pray this will be a time for Paul to make a change because ultimately it is up to him to come to terms with his problems and decide what steps to take next. Be strong!

I talked to my brother today.....he is much better. No stroke but had a psychotic episode. The cause is not clear yet.

I came to this one late, bang. Hope your bro is feeling more lucid now and is interested in helping himself get out of this destructive mode. Much sympathy.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. He is now home and sounds great. I am going to see him in about a week. We are goin fishing.

I am sorry to hear about your brother but, I am really glad to hear that he is ok. I hope you guys have fun fishing. while your out there catch some for me please!!!!!!! I love fishing

ZoVe said:
I am sorry to hear about your brother but, I am really glad to hear that he is ok. I hope you guys have fun fishing. while your out there catch some for me please!!!!!!! I love fishing

Hey! You are in Flathead Land....got any tips?

Fishing season is just about here too! We have some pretty shallow reservoirs and one of my buddies said crappie are biting already! :cool: Liscences are running 28 bucks this year tho.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom