"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Changes? hummm :)

I left here in October last year and joined C2C, which I've enjoyed immensely and from which I've learned a lot.

However I, like I'm sure many others, received an email yesterday announcing "changes" to this site... and since I'm stuck here in Seattle for a few more months while my "friend" graduates and takes the bar exam... and I'm "unemployed" (by choice).. I have time to kill, so I thought I'd drop back in here and see what's "changed".

First, hearty congratulations to the people (whoever you are) who designed/re-designed this site... NICE JOB!!! Translated, that means I'm impressed

Now I'll sit back and see what else has changed... to see if I stay here for 6 hours or 6 years

Dave in Seattle aka "lutz" and "lutzzz" (loots).

Old 04-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
Head Chef

So glad your impressed lutzzz, it is a great site and so many great folks here that love to share and help out when ever they can.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:02 AM   #3

Hi Lutzzz! I have seen you on C2C.

I am a member, but I do not post, since they are not my kind of folks. Welcome back.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Yes, choc.. I remember you from before. I seem to recall we had a brief PM chat about the OJ trial... but memory fades.

And yes, the C2C site is pretty top heavy with professional chefs.. if you ask how to prepare Soufflé au Fromage or Gratinée de Coquilles St Jacques you'll receive many responses...

But, if you ask if it's better to use oatmeal as a filler in your meatloaf rather than crushed soda crackers,, or "how come when I add milk to my Cream of Mushroom soup in my Tuna Casserole, it separates" the thread sometimes sinks faster than the Titanic.

Yeah, that's definitely an exaggeration on my part but... anyway. I think each site has something to offer and each site has a few members with an axe to grind in some way.. so nothing is perfect I guess

And there are, as I recall, a bunch of very nice helpful people here... so we'll see how it goes.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzzz
Yes, choc.. I remember you from before. I seem to recall we had a brief PM chat about the OJ trial... but memory fades.

And yes, the C2C site is pretty top heavy with professional chefs.. if you ask how to prepare Soufflé au Fromage or Gratinée de Coquilles St Jacques you'll receive many responses...

But, if you ask if it's better to use oatmeal as a filler in your meatloaf rather than crushed soda crackers,, or "how come when I add milk to my Cream of Mushroom soup in my Tuna Casserole, it separates" the thread sometimes sinks faster than the Titanic.

Yeah, that's definitely an exaggeration on my part but... anyway. I think each site has something to offer and each site has a few members with an axe to grind in some way.. so nothing is perfect I guess

And there are, as I recall, a bunch of very nice helpful people here... so we'll see how it goes.
Well, if you check out the responses to the few posts I made on C2C, I think you will see what I mean.

But hey, if you like it there, more power to you. Different strokes for different folks I say.

I love it here, and again.....welcome back.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Enjoy Seattle!! I'm in Issaquah just up the road from you. It's nice having a member
in my part of the world. Hope you like the changes that have come about. This is a great site.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Heat
Smile Welcome Back Lutzz!

I am a fairly new member, i dont know what it was like before all the changes. But, im telling you right now, this site ROCKS!! I enjoy it immensely! Hope you find it as knowledgeable as i do. Have Fun! But, DONT go to the woodshed! Hehehehe!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:23 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Try the Cafe.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Thank you, Trish!

Yes, trish.. I'm sitting here watching the Edmonds/Kingston ferry boat "putt-putt" across the sound on a very dull, dreary, gray day but no rain YET! ... probably the same down where you are.

One thing I'm going to miss here is having the ability to post a picture... on C2C, for example, I've explained/helped some with BBQ ribs, butt, & brisket.. and could post some pictures of some things I cooked as examples... but I can't do that here. Just have to get better with words I guess...

I enjoyed this site the last time I was here and most of the people... but I ran into some "attitudes" that I didn't agree with... so I left. Guess I'll have to see how far the "changes" extend.

Thank you for the welcome!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #10
Executive Chef

We would love to see pictures of what you've cooked.

What kind of cookers do you have?