Comfort Sounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SierraCook said:
The sound of the coffee maker in the morning as I lie in bed trying to wake up.

The coyotes howling out in the middle of the valley at night during a full moon.

I think the reason that these sounds are comforting to me is that the signal that at that time everything it OK with my world.

SC, forgor about the coyotes, but I like the Oregon Grey Wolf, but they sound the same. Also like crickets. Do you live hear Somes Bar? My best friend's sister and her husband (a US Forestry service firefighter) and he goes the same places you mentioned when needed.

the neighbor's wolves howling in harmony with the fire trucks. it could make you cry it's such a beautiful sound.

luvs_food said:
the neighbor's wolves howling in harmony with the fire trucks. it could make you cry it's such a beautiful sound.

Yep! I love that sound in Michigans UP. Nothin better than that :!:

norgeskog said:
SierraCook said:
The sound of the coffee maker in the morning as I lie in bed trying to wake up.

The coyotes howling out in the middle of the valley at night during a full moon.

I think the reason that these sounds are comforting to me is that the signal that at that time everything it OK with my world.

SC, forgor about the coyotes, but I like the Oregon Grey Wolf, but they sound the same. Also like crickets. Do you live hear Somes Bar? My best friend's sister and her husband (a US Forestry service firefighter) and he goes the same places you mentioned when needed.

I don't live near Somes Bar, but I have been on many fire assignments near there. I once spent 8 weeks on a fire assignment a Big Bar which is just done the road on Hwy. 299. It seems like that area burns every year. The fire I was on ended up being 130,000 acres in size. PM me his name and what engine or crew he works on.l If I don't know him I bet my brother would. He works on an engine on the Tahoe NF. Somes Bar is on the Shasta Trinity NF or the Six Rivers NF I cannot remember which. When I was going to college I lived almost an hour from Somes Bar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom