Dang, I miss y'all!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
Where do I start? Hm. I'm a bit loopy with exhaustion so I'll just go for it. I miss hanging with y'all and even here, if you miss two days, you have no idea what's going on anymore. The changes are looking awesome (thanks, Andy! :cool:) and a lot has been happening that I've totally missed out on. I'm not sure which day I have off this weekend but I'm definitely gonna catch up here! On my end, the hard work is paying off. We're the 10th most visited public course in Ohio so we must be doing something right!!! I just hope we make enough money to hire some more people. The five of us are doing the work of twenty! It's only the beginning of golf season and I'm already worn out! :LOL: :rolleyes: Anywho, I truly miss jawing with y'all, I hope I can do it more this summer! :cool:

Hi Damp!!! I miss you too!!! Looking forward to your occasional visit though - there's a lot of catching up to do!

Golf? Hmmm...I don't know why I didn't know you worked at a course - pretty cool.

We've missed you too - It was kinda weird not seeing your postings,actually.
Good to know you'll be back this weekend.

Make sure you thoroughly read thru the cafe - if you skip a page, you may think the blue emus still around and CSI hasn't cleared out the bodies...
clear as mud, huh?

see ya soon

Thanks, guys! I'm off to beddy-bye soon after I eat a hot dog (can't wait to grill something good this weekend) so I'll sign off. Elf, I hope I can do all the catching up that I need to! Miss ya too! :) Jkath, thanks and I love you're sig! Any reference to Vegas Vacation cracks me up! "If you're still hungry I can wrassle the potato salad away from the dog." :LOL: Thanks GB and Crewsk, I miss ya guys!!!:( :)

Hi my friend! :mrgreen: I miss, as the board does, your personality on here! But I understand. Get here when you can. I'll cook ya up some good eats in the Cafe. :-p Seriously though, we miss ya around here.

DampCharcoal said:
:) Jkath, thanks and I love you're sig! Any reference to Vegas Vacation cracks me up! "If you're still hungry I can wrassle the potato salad away from the dog." :LOL: :)

Actually, I wanted to use my favorite quote, but I wasn't sure the admin would allow it...
"Holy crap, Wayne Newton's hittin' on Mom!"

damp we miss you too, but we understand how work interferes with our dc time... well i do anyway lol. just pop in when you can and let us know how you're doing and i'm sure we'll see you on more when things settle.

DC, don't work too hard. I understand how you feel. We are getting into our field season, also. This week we started planting seedlings out in a 50,000 acre fire that we had 11 years ago. Most of it has been planted but we had a few areas that still remain unplanted. Today, the crew planted over 4,000 pine tree seedlings. :)

Get plenty of rest and drop in when you can.

SC :cool:

Hey, DC, I know how you feel. The course I work at is starting up to full swing next week. Our party load is unbelievable right now. It feels like December all over again, except it's not blowing cold and snowing every other day. I'm also short-handed a person, and the way it's looking, she's going to be replaced. I ought to have 60 hours on my timecard by the end of Sunday. Ugh!

Check back when you can. I try to. I don't even have time to check on the food boards, just this one and General Cooking questions.

jkath said:
Actually, I wanted to use my favorite quote, but I wasn't sure the admin would allow it...
"Holy crap, Wayne Newton's hittin' on Mom!"

LOL!!
Love that movie!!

Eddie, has anyone ever told you you're unlucky?

John

ronjohn55 said:
LOL!!
Love that movie!!

Eddie, has anyone ever told you you're unlucky?

John

"Those were my mother's dying words. But I guess if your body's covered in third degree burns, and your foot's caught in a bear trap, you tend to start talkin' crazy."

Hiya Charc. I'm not here that much lately either, so I know whatcha mean about getting soooo behind on the news.

Oh, to be back in the old days with no job and plenty of time to hang around here!

Come back when you can, buddy.

damp, it's been a real double bogey around here without you. i had to take a mulligan on most of my jokes they were so un-funny. i'm sure everyone here misses you as much, and isn't playing thru until you get back...

(ok, i left out all of the "wood" jokes :) family site and all)

Back
Top Bottom