"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 04-16-2005, 08:38 PM   #11
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Naw.... its awsome! There are fans of ALL ages! Which makes sense. It started 42 years ago! Hate to say it but I was VERY sad for 3 days when Patrick Troughton died. Didnt learn about Jon Pertwee until a few years ago. Also sad. Have you seen Colin Baker (Doctor #6) lately?! Dear God! THe guy looks 40 years older!

Old 04-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #12
Sous Chef
Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
No I haven't Sush, but if I remember rightly he was a bit crazy (in the show).

I guess us "O/F's" need some sort of release, after all I still love Bugs Bunny Charlie Brown, 3 stooges etc.

Any chance I get I watch the sci-fi's, movies & all. If we can't dabble in the abstract, then we'd be pretty boring. Can you imagine having no imagination or sense of humour? Wouldn't life be awful?

Having grown with ALL the Treks, I honestly can't say which one I favoured the most because they were all different eras. We had a rerun of James T & Spock a couple of years ago & I still enjoyed them - for the third time round.

Taking off and flying are optional. Landing is mandatory
Old 04-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #13
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Well its amazing... Doctor Who has been around longer and is now on a huge up swing. Its the most popular show (new episides of course) on the weekends. Star Trek seems to be dead for now. Cancelled rightfully. I enjoy both. BUT I only enjoyed ST: TOS and ST: TNG. I couldnt watch Voyager, Deep Sleep Nine and Enterprise. I thought they were borring. But it was hard to watch most every episode of the 7th Doctor. Right now Im REALLLLLLLY enjoying the new episodes!!! (I download them )
Old 04-17-2005, 08:58 AM   #14
Executive Chef
Last night's episode was a 2 parter - second part to be shown next week.

It was GREAT. Aliens taking over bodies (only of fat people, though!) - and they keep farting... one of them is supposed to be the prime minister... hehheeeeee

I remember watching the first Dr Who - William Hartnell. And the first daleks were so frightening, I watched it from behind my fingers - and my brother (woose) got behind his armchair and peeped from there.

Shaky sets, strange aliens.... ah yes, happy days!

And, the perennial question. How did the Daleks take over whole planets when they couldn't go up slopes or stairs? That question has never been answered