Doctor Who; Star Wars; Star Trek.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
I really enjoy some Science Ficton! *putting on glasses with tape in the middle* And Im wondering if anyone is also interested OR a huge fan of any of it. I do not feel Xena is Sci-Fi BTW. :rolleyes:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I really enjoy some Science Ficton! *putting on glasses with tape in the middle* And Im wondering if anyone is also interested OR a huge fan of any of it. I do not feel Xena is Sci-Fi BTW. :rolleyes:

I like SF! Well, some of it.... Bab5 was great - some of the Trekkie series, too.

The new Dr Who series is on the BBC at the moment. He's good - and so is Billie as his able assistant.

SFX still pretty ropey, but it's enjoyable hokum. :mrgreen:

Count me in! I'm a geek, too.

Of the Treks, I like Star Trek, Next Generation best. Data and Worf are the coolest.

Classic Star Wars rules. I'm not one of those who refuses to watch the new ones - I agree that they're pretty screwed up, but I still wanna see what they're gonna do with it.

Never watched Babylon 5, and haven't seen the new Dr. Who (do we get it here in the states?). I've seen a couple of the new Battlestar Galactica on the sci-fi channel, but I haven't decided yet what I think. It's really different from the original, way darker. But kinda interesting. Not sure yet.

Xena was lame. Never watched it.

We watch three hours of sci-fi every week. Both of the Stargates and Battlestar. WE LOVE THEM! Also all the Star Treks, except for Enterprise, I just can't get into those characters. We really want there to be a Voyager movie or reunion or something. It was our favorite. We are counting the days until the new Starwars comes out. Can't wait!!

Lovely my sci-fi. Even at 50, I still need my dose of Dr Who each day at 1800. This is my second time through the series, and still enjoy them.
Still trying to get into Stargate Atlantis but enjoyed ALL Star Treks - can't wait for the re-runs. Enterprise is a little different and possibly a bit lame compared to it's predecessors, but still well worth watching.

Imagination is the root of innovation and creation.

I still need my dose of Dr Who each day at 1800.

Do they have it on TV there every day? :shock: My favorote by FAR is Doctor Who! :mrgreen: I have been watching it since I was 14. I grew up with the 3rd Doctor. ANyhew, we dont get it in the US. :( Sci-Fi didnt buy the show! MORONS!!!!! :angry: So NOW I have to download them. And let me tell ya..... its so good it hurts!!! Best Doctor Who ever! And Billie Piper is so HOT it hurts. Those eyes.... that smile....... :wub: She actually reminds me of Lalla Ward (Romana 2)

Billie Piper had a 'former life' as a pop star over here - sort of slightly classier Britney!

Gave it all up for marriage with an older, more famous and very wealthy guy called Chris Evans. Very un-starry wedding in either Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe..... Now they've split and Billie has become Dr Who's sidekick. Oh and the famous, rich husband? Drinks far too much and has slipped down the slippery pole of fame..... :mrgreen:

This is how much of a geek I am.

klingons.jpg

I'm the Klingon on the right. I made all of the costumes from scratch with no pattern. My daughter is the little Klingon in the back. I also made a Klingon doll for her. I was the first woman to wear the woman's Klingon costume (as opposed to women dressed in TNG Klingon warrior uniforms) at the San Diego, LA and the big Pasedena conventions. My daughter won first place in the children's costume competition. I won 2nd place for the adults. *pushes taped glasses up nose*

Well youre an attractive Klingon atleast. :LOL: Wow!

And Billie Piper is single huh?! Hmmmmmmmm....... I wonder how much it would cost to go from Chicago to London? :rolleyes:

Yes Sushi, we get Dr Who on our public broadcaster Mon - Thurs. We are still with Tom Baker (DW4), Leena has gone
27.gif
with Romana (Mary Tamm) as his new sidekick. We are just about to start "THe Pirate Planet" on Monday's episode.

John Pertwee (DW3) wasn't too bad, I just like the crazy storylines & good looking ladies in short dresses - like Leena. (That's why I liked Xena. :))

Spryte - great looking Klingon costumes, a lot of work & well done!

One day they'll wake up and produce other sci-fi legendary shows like those mentioned here.

I see they are getting ready for the 10th Dr Who - shows they are doing something right. :)

You'd think at 50 I'd have more sense :LOL: but I just can't help myself....

Naw.... its awsome! There are fans of ALL ages! Which makes sense. It started 42 years ago! :shock: Hate to say it but I was VERY sad for 3 days when Patrick Troughton died. :neutral: Didnt learn about Jon Pertwee until a few years ago. Also sad. Have you seen Colin Baker (Doctor #6) lately?! Dear God! THe guy looks 40 years older! :ohmy:

No I haven't Sush, but if I remember rightly he was a bit crazy (in the show).

I guess us "O/F's" need some sort of release, after all I still love Bugs Bunny Charlie Brown, 3 stooges etc. :)

Any chance I get I watch the sci-fi's, movies & all. If we can't dabble in the abstract, then we'd be pretty boring. Can you imagine having no imagination or sense of humour? Wouldn't life be awful?

Having grown with ALL the Treks, I honestly can't say which one I favoured the most because they were all different eras. We had a rerun of James T & Spock a couple of years ago & I still enjoyed them - for the third time round.

Well its amazing... Doctor Who has been around longer and is now on a huge up swing. Its the most popular show (new episides of course) on the weekends. Star Trek seems to be dead for now. Cancelled rightfully. I enjoy both. BUT I only enjoyed ST: TOS and ST: TNG. I couldnt watch Voyager, Deep Sleep Nine and Enterprise. I thought they were borring. But it was hard to watch most every episode of the 7th Doctor. Right now Im REALLLLLLLY enjoying the new episodes!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (I download them :rolleyes: )

Last night's episode was a 2 parter - second part to be shown next week.

It was GREAT. Aliens taking over bodies (only of fat people, though!) - and they keep farting... one of them is supposed to be the prime minister... hehheeeeee:cool:

I remember watching the first Dr Who - William Hartnell. And the first daleks were so frightening, I watched it from behind my fingers - and my brother (woose) got behind his armchair and peeped from there.

Shaky sets, strange aliens.... ah yes, happy days!

And, the perennial question. How did the Daleks take over whole planets when they couldn't go up slopes or stairs? That question has never been answered :cool:

Back
Top Bottom