"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-14-2005, 03:52 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Doctor Who; Star Wars; Star Trek.......

I really enjoy some Science Ficton! *putting on glasses with tape in the middle* And Im wondering if anyone is also interested OR a huge fan of any of it. I do not feel Xena is Sci-Fi BTW.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:41 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
I really enjoy some Science Ficton! *putting on glasses with tape in the middle* And Im wondering if anyone is also interested OR a huge fan of any of it. I do not feel Xena is Sci-Fi BTW.
I like SF! Well, some of it.... Bab5 was great - some of the Trekkie series, too.

The new Dr Who series is on the BBC at the moment. He's good - and so is Billie as his able assistant.

SFX still pretty ropey, but it's enjoyable hokum.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
Cook

Count me in! I'm a geek, too.

Of the Treks, I like Star Trek, Next Generation best. Data and Worf are the coolest.

Classic Star Wars rules. I'm not one of those who refuses to watch the new ones - I agree that they're pretty screwed up, but I still wanna see what they're gonna do with it.

Never watched Babylon 5, and haven't seen the new Dr. Who (do we get it here in the states?). I've seen a couple of the new Battlestar Galactica on the sci-fi channel, but I haven't decided yet what I think. It's really different from the original, way darker. But kinda interesting. Not sure yet.

Xena was lame. Never watched it.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 04-14-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We watch three hours of sci-fi every week. Both of the Stargates and Battlestar. WE LOVE THEM! Also all the Star Treks, except for Enterprise, I just can't get into those characters. We really want there to be a Voyager movie or reunion or something. It was our favorite. We are counting the days until the new Starwars comes out. Can't wait!!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Lovely my sci-fi. Even at 50, I still need my dose of Dr Who each day at 1800. This is my second time through the series, and still enjoy them.
Still trying to get into Stargate Atlantis but enjoyed ALL Star Treks - can't wait for the re-runs. Enterprise is a little different and possibly a bit lame compared to it's predecessors, but still well worth watching.

Imagination is the root of innovation and creation.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
I still need my dose of Dr Who each day at 1800.

Do they have it on TV there every day? My favorote by FAR is Doctor Who! I have been watching it since I was 14. I grew up with the 3rd Doctor. ANyhew, we dont get it in the US. Sci-Fi didnt buy the show! MORONS!!!!! So NOW I have to download them. And let me tell ya..... its so good it hurts!!! Best Doctor Who ever! And Billie Piper is so HOT it hurts. Those eyes.... that smile....... She actually reminds me of Lalla Ward (Romana 2)
Old 04-15-2005, 01:21 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Billie Piper had a 'former life' as a pop star over here - sort of slightly classier Britney!

Gave it all up for marriage with an older, more famous and very wealthy guy called Chris Evans. Very un-starry wedding in either Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe..... Now they've split and Billie has become Dr Who's sidekick. Oh and the famous, rich husband? Drinks far too much and has slipped down the slippery pole of fame.....
Old 04-15-2005, 08:17 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to spryte Send a message via MSN to spryte Send a message via Yahoo to spryte
This is how much of a geek I am.

I'm the Klingon on the right. I made all of the costumes from scratch with no pattern. My daughter is the little Klingon in the back. I also made a Klingon doll for her. I was the first woman to wear the woman's Klingon costume (as opposed to women dressed in TNG Klingon warrior uniforms) at the San Diego, LA and the big Pasedena conventions. My daughter won first place in the children's costume competition. I won 2nd place for the adults. *pushes taped glasses up nose*
Old 04-16-2005, 02:07 AM   #9
Master Chef

Well youre an attractive Klingon atleast. Wow!

And Billie Piper is single huh?! Hmmmmmmmm....... I wonder how much it would cost to go from Chicago to London?
Old 04-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Yes Sushi, we get Dr Who on our public broadcaster Mon - Thurs. We are still with Tom Baker (DW4), Leena has gone with Romana (Mary Tamm) as his new sidekick. We are just about to start "THe Pirate Planet" on Monday's episode.

John Pertwee (DW3) wasn't too bad, I just like the crazy storylines & good looking ladies in short dresses - like Leena. (That's why I liked Xena. )

Spryte - great looking Klingon costumes, a lot of work & well done!

One day they'll wake up and produce other sci-fi legendary shows like those mentioned here.

I see they are getting ready for the 10th Dr Who - shows they are doing something right.

You'd think at 50 I'd have more sense but I just can't help myself....