"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-29-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
does this happen to you ?

no matter how many dishes or loads of laundry i wash, i turn around and it's 3 times the amount than i started off with

Old 04-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
no matter how many dishes or loads of laundry i wash, i turn around and it's 3 times the amount than i started off with
Yep. all the time Does this happen to you? I wait til eleven at night to start the dishwasher, thinking everyone has finished eating and drinking..Next morning at least 3 glasses and 4 plates and assorted utensils all tossed in the sink!!!! I think my DH sets his alarm to wake him up when the D?W goes on and I fall asleep
kadesma

Old 04-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

kad it never fails. i do ALL the dishes before i go bowling. 3 hrs later i get home and the sink is overflowing with dishes. that REALLY makes me mad and i blow up... he wonders why i call him an idiot lol.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
It seems like my piles of laundry & dishes never get any smaller! No matter how much I wash, they just seem to grow. It drives me batty!!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

me too crewsk... i thought it was only me it happened to lol
Old 04-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #6

Happens to me all the time.

I think there are invisible dirty folks living in my house, waiting for me to turn around.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:54 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

i blame the laundry monsters cc lol. as for the dishes it's either my bf or hungry ghosts lol.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #8
Master Chef

My friend has resorted to paper plates and plastic cups now that she works fulltime.....she got tierd of doing all the dishes then coming home and all these plates and cups to wash. I think after a few verbal hashings her hubby finally warmed up to the idea :)

I know at holiday time when mom was alive. She'd fix these huge meals and there would be all these dishes well they just never ended........we'd always joke she was secretly cleaning out her fridge. Boy it wasn't till I fixed the meal last Thanksgiving did I get an eye opener :)
Old 04-29-2005, 08:33 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclatechef
Happens to me all the time.

I think there are invisible dirty folks living in my house, waiting for me to turn around.
Hey Chef, maybe it isn't my DH after all Those dirty folks might be sneakin into my house too
kadesma
Old 04-29-2005, 08:40 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
My friend has resorted to paper plates and plastic cups now that she works fulltime.....she got tierd of doing all the dishes then coming home and all these plates and cups to wash. I think after a few verbal hashings her hubby finally warmed up to the idea :)

I know at holiday time when mom was alive. She'd fix these huge meals and there would be all these dishes well they just never ended........we'd always joke she was secretly cleaning out her fridge. Boy it wasn't till I fixed the meal last Thanksgiving did I get an eye opener :)
That's the way it is around here Sizz, we shop, we pluck the bird, peel the taters, make stuffing, gravey, side dishes, rolls, pies, salads, oh yes, appetizers, set the table, serve it all with a smile, fill the dish washer with the last load AHhhhhhh, now we are just about to settle our bottom into a comfy chair, when what do we hear ? The patter of 12 to 14 feet all casually making their way into our kitchen GROANnnnnnn