"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 03-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #11
Head Chef

DH HATES it when we don't eat together so we always do - whatever the meal it's together.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Yes, we sit down and eat together.

Old 03-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
my family does when we can get together occasionally on the holidays or when we can all get together another time but that's rare. his family does everytime they have some kind of gathering which is about once a month.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Yes, Koapaka and I sit in front of the tv and have dinner.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
DC Grandma

We always eat in the kitchen,,always have, always will.
My boys eat in their living rooms but then it's their mess and their carpet..LOL They never ate in the L.R. at home.

DH and I will have a snack or munchies in the L.R. now while watching TV or reading but we do have a small TV on the kitchen table.

The dinning room and china are a waste..never use it, eat off of paper plates most of the time..(Paul's choice to make it easier on me) For years John has said " That's right mom, keep the china all unbroken so I can do it later on in life..he was only 10 at the time when we bought it while in Korea..Noritaka..second set.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Yes, Koapaka and I sit in front of the tv and have dinner.
Same here, wasabi. Skidder and I sit in the living room and watch TV with dinner. When my family comes over for dinner we sit together in the kitchen with no TV. That is what we did when I was younger.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 03-06-2005, 12:53 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

growing up, not only did you have to be at the table at 6pm sharp, but clean and properly dressed (no sleeveless shirts, anyway). it was probably the only rule in our house.
dw and i have almost always eaten together, unless i'm working really late, like past 9pm. we also wait for each other to start if one of us is delayed or interrupted. sometimes, you could be hurtin for food, with a big hot plate ready to be inhaled, but we always wait until whatever interrupted one of us is dealt with.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:10 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to nicole
As I was growing up we had to sit at the table. Now, me and my daughters sit at the table and Joe sits and eats by the computer. Sometimes he will sit at the table with us but, that's if I drag him there. He's always on this computer when he's home.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #19
Head Chef

When my hubby is home we always eat together. Maybe not at the table all the time but don't know to many folks that do anymore. We are always surrounded by the 2 cats and 2 dogs looking for their yummies too.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #20
Chief Eating Officer

Growing up we always ate at the kitchen table together as a family except on some Sundays when we would have pizza in front of the TV.

My wife and I usually eat in front of the TV now, but not always. It sort of boils down to how messy the meal is. If there is a good possibility that it will end up on the couch then we will eat in the kitchen

Once our daughter is old enough to eat with us though that will all change. We will have meals at the table together with no TV. Both DW and I feel very strongly that this is important.