does your family sit down to dinner together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
mine always did when i was younger, but not anymmore. my Parents eat together, but they eat in the living room. i usually eat at the table or in my room. my brother eats in his room or sometimes in the living room.

Back when I was home we tried to because well it was just more enjoyable that way. Now here I try to get my roomies to sit down and enjoy a meal with me from time to time because it's more fun. Also dinner table is the best place for a kid to learn about food and every one I know who grew up away from the table (or with too many brothers) simply dont know how to eat. Eating fast for example is not knowing how to eat, as is drowning stuff in condiments without tasting and so on.

When our son was at home we ate together everynight at the table.. It was a very important rule at our house. Once in awhile we'd have a pizza movie night and break the rule but, it didn't happen very often.

Now though that it's just Paulie and I ... we eat in front of the dang tv every night. Together yes..but, we watch the news and forget about conversation. I don't really like it but... that's the way the cookie crumbles.

When I'm not working thru the dinner hour, we eat parked in front of the news on the tube. HH and I then impart our dubious wisdom about the events of the day to impressionable daughter.

For some strange and random reason, there was a radio built into the fan hood over stove in the house I lived in as a kid. I can still remember an old Howard Cosell radio program - Speaking of Sports - on while we ate, or WGN news. That weird little radio was the first one I ever heard Willie Nelson on as well.

Growing up we always did. When my step-daughter was here, we did. Since it is just my husband and me, we eat in the living room. We always eat together though. If we ever get a decent table, we will probably eat at the table together again. I do think it is very important for families with children (even grown ones) to eat together at the table.

:) Barbara

My family is now grown and living elsewhere,but my husband and I always eat at the dining table - except for Saturday lunchtimes - we either eat out or have a quick sandwich lunch, sitting comfortably in 'our' chairs in the living room whilst reading the papers 8)

Not really, we hang out together enough, so eating together is optional for us.

We try. We sit in the car together at the drive-thru sometimes. :)

my family does when we can get together occasionally on the holidays or when we can all get together another time but that's rare. his family does everytime they have some kind of gathering which is about once a month.

We always eat in the kitchen,,always have, always will.
My boys eat in their living rooms but then it's their mess and their carpet..LOL They never ate in the L.R. at home.

DH and I will have a snack or munchies in the L.R. now while watching TV or reading but we do have a small TV on the kitchen table.

The dinning room and china are a waste..never use it, eat off of paper plates most of the time..(Paul's choice to make it easier on me) For years John has said " That's right mom, keep the china all unbroken so I can do it later on in life..he was only 10 at the time when we bought it while in Korea..Noritaka..second set.

growing up, not only did you have to be at the table at 6pm sharp, but clean and properly dressed (no sleeveless shirts, anyway). it was probably the only rule in our house.
dw and i have almost always eaten together, unless i'm working really late, like past 9pm. we also wait for each other to start if one of us is delayed or interrupted. sometimes, you could be hurtin for food, with a big hot plate ready to be inhaled, but we always wait until whatever interrupted one of us is dealt with.

As I was growing up we had to sit at the table. Now, me and my daughters sit at the table and Joe sits and eats by the computer. Sometimes he will sit at the table with us but, that's if I drag him there. He's always on this computer when he's home.

When my hubby is home we always eat together. Maybe not at the table all the time but don't know to many folks that do anymore. We are always surrounded by the 2 cats and 2 dogs looking for their yummies too.

Growing up we always ate at the kitchen table together as a family except on some Sundays when we would have pizza in front of the TV.

My wife and I usually eat in front of the TV now, but not always. It sort of boils down to how messy the meal is. If there is a good possibility that it will end up on the couch then we will eat in the kitchen ;)

Once our daughter is old enough to eat with us though that will all change. We will have meals at the table together with no TV. Both DW and I feel very strongly that this is important.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom