Finger in the Food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Does anyone believe this? Or is someone just needing extra cash? This is too unbelieveable. Wasn't it Wendy's? Was it in soup? I have heard it so many times and no one on here has commented. Hope I am not dreaming.

I have to admit that my first thought was that she brought it with her and planted it. I know it does happen. My husband knows someone who did things like that (with bugs though, not fingers!). It will be difficult to prove either way. She said that she actually had the finger in her mouth before she noticed. I would think she would see a finger (it would be bigger than anything else in their chili) on the spoon before it actually ended up in her mouth.

:) Barbara

Well, I heard of somebody putting their foot in the food, or putting their big toe in it [black slang for man you cooked your a.. off! good grub].

But this is one for the record books.

It's true. It was all over all the major news sources.

In the Kitchen said:
Does anyone believe this? Or is someone just needing extra cash? This is too unbelieveable. Wasn't it Wendy's? Was it in soup? I have heard it so many times and no one on here has commented. Hope I am not dreaming.

It was a digit in the chili, not going there again.

mudbug said:
This is similar to the KFC rat-fried-in-batter story. I would check snopes.com.

When she was in high school, my niece worked at a KFC and did find a rat amongst the chicken parts. She quit, and does not eat chicken there any more, no one in the family does.

i remember one about a mouse in pepsi. that was planted though. and i think it was a mouse in soup at cracker barrel? that was planted also. people are just sick.

All the wendy's locations in the area where the event occured have lost a lot of sales in the past few days.

:)I dont believe it happened because anybody working that cuts their finger off would probably be screaming bloody murder and want to get medical help.Ive seen people cut them selves real bad with knives and on the food slicer and its pretty stressful.I just dont think that the person who lost their finger would just not say anything.

No reports have been filed with OSHA. An undocumented worker might not say anything for fear of losing their job.

jpmcgrew said:
:)I dont believe it happened because anybody working that cuts their finger off would probably be screaming bloody murder and want to get medical help.Ive seen people cut them selves real bad with knives and on the food slicer and its pretty stressful.I just dont think that the person who lost their finger would just not say anything.

I agree! I've seen people come in the ER with a scratch that didn't even bleed or need a Band-Aid and they wanted a 30-day "expenses paid" medical leave excuse from the ER physician - and got really abusive when they didn't get one.

Could a mouse, or a rat, run through the dredging flour, the buttermilk-egg wash, and roll around in the breading mix ... crawl into the cooler and nestle among the chicken parts for warmth and comfort totally undetected? Since the chicke is removed from the cooler, dipped and stuck into the pressure cooker right before it is cooked .. I'm sure someone would have noticed something crawling around! IMHO - it's another urban myth.

Before I believe this story ... I want to see the fingerprint evidence and a finger-count investigation of all the workers at the suppliers!

On the bright side ... Wendy's can now advertise serving "authentic" finger foods - until the case is proven to be what it is, BOGUS. :chicken:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom