For all you new parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Oh the joys of motherhood....or fatherhood. But this is my story so its def. a mothers take. Believe me you'll have your own......I have at least one every day or two.

We're taking the backway home last night after dropping off a couch and loveseat we no longer want at my sis in laws. We'd eaten say 45 minutes prior.

Anyway, our little one is sitting in the back and he sneezes. We of course say, "Bless You"! He then proceeds to say, "Here Mom". I'm oblivious and reach my hand back and say, "What is it babe". Well as I'm pull my hand back I'm looking at a corn kernel in my hand ......he tells me, "Its Corn".

Oh but thats just the beginning.......he then tells me, "It was in my nose"......and starts craking up laughing.
I'm fit to be tied in shock that this kid has just put a corn kernal from supper in my hand.......and its been up his nose for 45 minutes. Hubby is cracking up laughing trying to steer straight on the road and rolls down the window for me because I'm just in shock.

So needless to say the corn was on me!

Kids... You gotta love em!!! There is no better comedy or love.

13.gif

This reminds me of the time I was about 3 or 4 & my daddy was carrying me into church & I was picking my nose & lining my little "prizes" up in a row on the shoulder of his suit jacket!:blush: :innocent:

Yep, kids are something else! They always keep you on your toes!

Crewsk...EWWWWWWWW!

Sizz, LOLOLOLOL!!! Too funny!

Can I add one?

When my youngest was about 3 we were eating an early dinner so we could go swimming at Family night at the pool. She was not enjoying dinner and was told to finish one last bite of meat and we could go. I saw it go in, so off we went. When we arrived at the pool, I realized she had something in her mouth. She then showed me her piece of meat. I told her to swallow. She refused. So I told her she would sit on the side of the pool (had to supervise other daughter too or we would have just gone home!) until she swallowed it. She sucked all the colour out of that piece of steak...it was white by the time she finally swallowed it. She sat on the edge of that pool for a solid hour. That story comes up with a couple of my friends who witnessed the incident. They tell me I am in for a hard adolescence with my girl. :shock:

Apparently my husband fell asleep in his cauliflower when he was small, as he was instructed to not leave the table until it was gone.

I remember my older son loved mac n cheese. He hates it now, due to this incident which happened when he was almost 2:
He'd been eating it, happy as a clam. He then chose to shove one up his nose. I didn't see this, and after he was done, and I was cleaning him, he reminded me to get the last one, and pointed at his nose. I couldn't get it out, even with tweezers. It was too mushy. So, I called my sister, the nurse. She said I had to get it out by making his nose run.
"How do you do that?"
"You make him cry."
So, I stood him in the bath and gave him his pacifier. He was thrilled. Till I took it away. He sniffled. He cried. It didn't work. I repeated this method about a dozen times. I was a mean mom. I had a screaming baby who hated me. I had a noodle run out of his nose. I was then wonder woman.

Well jkath and Alix, I had a girl like yours Alix, stubborn as a mule...It sometimes surprised me just how sttubborn..She went to spen a week in Santa Barbara with my b-i-l his wife and two girls..B-I-L decided to bbq chicken for dinner...Daughter said no way to DRY!!! so was told ok no dessert, daughter asked what kind s-i-l said cherry pie, daughter said that's ok I hate cherry pie:ROFLMAO:

Now my son jkath, never put things up his nose, he just decided Germs were his enemy and I had the germs, so anything I fixed him to eat, he hid, then would take them to the bedroom, where unknown to us he had made a hole uner the toy box, and there he stored the goodies:ROFLMAO: Of course that didn't last to long, his brother, started whining about that smell, and I kept wondering where it was coming from when I cleaned their room on staurdays..Needless to say, I had lots of things to work on with that kid..Now, he is the one who asks me to make certain foods:LOL:
kadesma

LOL! Great stories guys. Crewsk.......he's presented me with a burger before.........I'm so gullable with him because he's so sweet and then out of the blue he'll do something so rotten and crack up laughing.

Back
Top Bottom