Fun Day of Festivities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russell

Senior Cook
My town (Princeton) has a HUGE fair tomorrow...full of things to do, and the whole thing takes up about 3 square miles...so when I says huge, I mean huge, They occupie the whole "downtown" area and all surrounding streets... Post here if your town has a big annual fair, or something of the sort

I live in a very small town, but we have this great town common. It is classic New England with old churches and country stores and little cafes and an old library. Most of the buildings are a couple of hundred years old or older. There is a big gazebo and they often have bands in the gazebo (always free). They do that every week in the summer. There are also all sorts of fairs and things. The big one is the apple festival. Every apple product you can think of like pies and tarts and cider and apple butter. You name it and it is there.

Sounds fun...also, where my grandparents live a small town called CHestertown, Maryland, there is a small festival called The Tea Party...on memorial day. Its really fun, and it lasts two days.

Our city is known as "Festival City" in the summertime. We have so many that it is tough to list them all. My favourites though are the Street Performers Festival where all different kinds of people perform in our city square. They come from all over the world too, very cool. And the other favourite has to do with food...OF COURSE! In the same city square we have A Taste of Edmonton. About 40 of the restaurants come out and man booths that feature two of their best dishes. You pay about $3 per dish and boy can you get stuffed on about $20. It is AMAZING! Thats where I tasted emu and buffalo the first time.

It's really fun because everyone is there...my friends, and even though you're not supposed to, we sneak into the university and hang out in the library in there.

Issaquah has Salmon days. Blocks of crafts, food, music and a whole field of kid activities every Oct. It's a fun way to spend the day.

Seattle has a wonderful street fair that goes on for miles and miles. We always remember it a week or so after it's over. lol!

Ugh! My long awaited Communiversity (the big fair) might be cancelled!!!!! Ugh *I HATE YOU ******* RAIN!*

Back
Top Bottom