"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 10-29-2004, 05:04 PM   #31

it's always my favorite!

Old 10-29-2004, 05:21 PM   #32
Certified Executive Chef

Good idea Juliev. Good morning to all, but I am late, it is nearly 2:30, I have been busy today tearing out my poor dead tomatoe plant and work with the earth to put in my crocus, iris and tulips and garlic and trim back my roses and lavender. Still needs more work.

Old 10-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #33

Hey norgeskog... do you put like a barrier of some sort around your roses for the winter?... if so, what kind?
Old 10-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #34
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliev
Hey norgeskog... do you put like a barrier of some sort around your roses for the winter?... if so, what kind?
No unless it is really cold. We get snow here but not like NY. They are planted in an above the ground wooden planter 4x4 feet with wood surrounding it so it is insulated. I trim them back normally and if it is really a long cold coming in I cover with plastic bag or container. The herbs just keep coming back, but I handle them the same way. We had snow last year (I was not here) but it only lasted less than a week.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:33 PM   #35

Okay.. thank you.. I have a rose bush at my new house.. just wondering what I should do with it for the winter.. I'm stupid when it comes to that stuff.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:35 PM   #36
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Okay.. thank you.. I have a rose bush at my new house.. just wondering what I should do with it for the winter.. I'm stupid when it comes to that stuff.
You are welcome, I hope it works for you. I know you guys get many feets of snow, as we do in all of our mountain ranges, but in Eugene is not like that.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:36 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

noregeskog, I've realized you are not much of a drinker. I posted a note for you under Beverages and you have not replied.

I'm hurt.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Quote:
You are welcome, I hope it works for you. I know you guys get many feets of snow, as we do in all of our mountain ranges, but in Eugene is not like that.
LOL... yes we get many feet of snow.... the worst was back in 2001.. Buffalo NY got over 20 ft in only a week's time!
Old 10-29-2004, 06:38 PM   #39

What is really sickening... I'm down close to the PA border... and when I move, I'll be really close to Buffalo... kinda adding fuel to the fire!
Old 10-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #40
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
noregeskog, I've realized you are not much of a drinker. I posted a note for you under Beverages and you have not replied.

I'm hurt.
I am so sorry mudbug I will go there now. But I do drink I have wine or beer every night with dinner and occasionally brandy or akaviet after. I am not a tea totler by any means but I also do not wake up and pour anything in my coffee to wake up.