Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
We have 40,000 votes! Now what do we do to move on over?

I think the rest is up to Chef 2 Chef - we just keep voting - one of the Hall of Famers had 50,000 plus votes.

:shifty: Lets CRUSH them!!!! CHHHHHARRRRRGE!!!!!!!!!! :chef:

http://chef2chef.net/rank/inter.shtml

37.gif

It appears that until about a year ago it took 50,000 points to get into the Hall of Fame ... and they lowered it to 40,000.

Chef2Chef generally updates the Top-100 list sometime after the first of the month. This month, they updated the Hall of Fame list on the 9th.

We've got the required 8,000 votes, and the 40,000 points ... now all we need is patience.

Going back a month ......

We already have 265 more 5-Star votes than the #2 site that got moved into the Hall of Fame.

We are only 25 5-Star votes from having more points than last month's #1 site!

With that information, and $3.95, you can probably get a small latte at Starbucks.

that is exciting stuff... Can you all look for another cooking topsite for us to participate in. Once we move into the Hall of Fame we can work our way up another list.

I just did a quick search and found This site. I haven't given it a close look yet, but could be cool to be on here too possibly.

Ok, what is the hold up. We have the required number of votes and then some. We have been over the threshold for about a month, so when do we move to the Hall of Fame?

Has anyone contacted the chef2chef admins to inquire?

we're too good for the hall of fame proabably. they're probably making a separte site just for us lol. like grand hall of fame

Hahahaha, thats right Master, we deserve the GRAND HALL OF FAME !!!!:LOL: Im not sure what you mean Andy, How would we compete if we are in the Hall Of Fame? With other Hall Of Famers? I guess my minds not up to par today, im questioning a lot of things. :wacko:

Who knows what's going on at C2C these days ... :mad:

On 3/30/05 I posted the following message on the C2C message board:

I've seen some websites posting a couple of C2C awards ... a "Culinary Excellence" and a "Favorite Site of the Month". Since I can't seem to find any information on these awards, can you tell me what a site has to do to be able to display them?

On 4/07/05 I received the following reply from Pam Nelson:

Greetings Michael,

Just send us a note using the contact link at the top of this page to David Nelson, include the website URL and we'll take a look at your site and contact you.

Thanks for your interest.

Pam

So, I sent David a message ...... and after no reply for 2 weeks I sent a copy of the original message ..... and another copy on 5/1 ..... yep, you guessed it ... still no answer.

Tonight (about 2-minutes ago) I sent the following message to David:

Chef David:

Back on 3/30/05 I posted a message asking about the C2C awards I see some sites posting. Specifically the "Culinary Excellence" and "Favorite Site of the Month". Pam answered and said I should contact you and that you would look at out website and reply. To date - I have not received any kind of reply. The website is Discuss Cooking ( www.discusscooking.com )... your current #1 Culinary Site since about 4/9/05.

Some of the DC members are also wondering when Discuss Cooking will move off into the Hall of Fame. We hit the 8K votes/40K points mark back about 4/27/05.

Thanks for you attention and reply.

I don't know how they are updating the site. If YOU want to write and ask David about when we're going to get bumped off into the Hall of Fame, or get a "Culinary Excellence" or "Favorite Site of the Month" award,click here: http://chef2chef.net/contacts/mail/mail-dn.html

Yeah ... I'm more than just a pretty face! :sick:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom