Halloween Parties?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
Anybody attending any?

Anyone have to get dressed up?

Some friends are having their annual bash, and as usual, they've asked the "Beer Baron" to bring some goodies. To look the part, I'll be in my gangster outfit, with a keg on one shoulder, and a flapper on my other arm. Ain't accesories great??!! ;)

John

I don't know what I'm doing yet, but I am really excited about Halloween this year, don't ask me why. Usually I don't do anything, since I don't have any kids, etc. I know there are a couple parties tonight and one going on tomorrow. I'll probably go to the one tomorrow.

I bought a couple pumpkins and I'm going to carve those this afternoon or tonight. I'm going to go to my new house, even though I'm not living there yet, and hand out candy. When I go to the party, I was just going to keep it simple and be a country bumpkin... I dunno... I usually change my mind a zillion times. When I give out candy on sunday, I'm thinking of dressing up as a witch... green face, wart on the nose, and big ol' hat.

i won't know till Halloween night or the night before if i'm invited to any parties...
hmm...
but i may pass candy out dressed as one of the Simpsons... probably marge...

if you show up i'll even use the raspy marge voice, buckytom...
23.gif

BTW, wooooooooo-hooooooooo, i thjnk I'M going to throw a party after the kids are all done with trick-or-treating!!! it just occurred to me that i should have a party!
beer store, put the kegs on hold, here we come!i haven't beento a good kegger in a month now!

you have two days middie.. you can even take things from home and get creative with a costume..

I'll elaborate more on this when I have to get home.. but I have to run!.. bye for now! :D

K I dont know if I'm in for fun or just plain stupid. I'm holding my sons 7th birthday party tomorrow and I'd like to be Halloween oreintated. I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff. I'd like to do an apple bob but apples can be expensive and since there is snow on the ground we'd have to do it in the basement.....anyone with some genius ideas???? There's going to be about 10 kids and a sleepover, and I want to keep it CHEAP.....come on you thrift shoppers out there.....TEACH ME!!! lol...please....

I'm not going to any parties but I am going to 2 "Fall" festivals(one at our church tonight & one tomorrow night at my brothers church). The one at my church is having a hay ride, cake walk, hot dog supper, Pie the Preacher(where we get to throw whip cream pies at the preacher), a bunch of other games, & trunk-or-treat. Don't know what's going on at the one at my brothers church. Should be a fun filled weekend. The kids are really looking forward to it all! Oh, I ditched the witch idea this year, I decided to be a farmer instead...a little more church friendly.

I am going to a party at one of my coworkers. His wife makes the best food. Her cheesecakes are to die for. We always request them for our parties. Yum!! I probably won't dress up, unless I can come up with something from what I have around the house.

I'm going to be a witch on Halloween .. I made my own hat from cardboard...then I just glued black felt on it.

Think I will be a homosapien this year :twisted: THe greeting below was sent to my by NASA/JPL website on their Saturn orbiter. It is charged cosmic dust.

_28100494048304.gif

Since I doubt I'll see any of my grandkids ... guess I'll have to scare myself. Figure if I strip down and step on the scales that might be good for one fright ... looking in the mirror with the light on might make for two ...

norgeskog said:
Think I will be a homosapien this year :twisted: THe greeting below was sent to my by NASA/JPL website on their Saturn orbiter. It is charged cosmic dust.

_28100494048304.gif

too bad they didn't pay cash, norgeskog. you can avoid the tax that way... bah dum dum....

My husband I are eagles members of our local eagles and they are planning to have a halloween party so we may dress the grandsons up and take them out for a fun evening of finger foods and games.

We went to a party last night. Everyone got dressed up. I was a G>I> and my husband dressed in a karate outfit. My friend, the hostess, was a witch with a twist. She had the big hat, and dressed all in black with a black shawl around her. She would ask everyone as they arrived "have you noticed how hard it is to find a bra that fits?" then she would open the shawl to reveal two pumpkins (smily faced) that she had sewn to a black bra. Very funny. :LOL:

In our town, and in many others I've been to, Halloween has rather replaced what New Years Eve was to our parents .... kind of the adult party day of choice. In our case, we'll be going to three parties, and the parade. Small town parades are the best! My imagination is about played out on the costume front; we made up costumes for a party a few years ago that were a play on the fact that he was born in Joliet, prison denims that say something like "property of Statesville" and fake ball & chain & handcuffs. Recycled so not much. At any rate, in Galena Halloween has become the beginning of the holiday season.

Just got back from the second of the three parties. I was quite happy when I walked into one and everyone yelled, "the artichoke dip is here!!!!!!" and all of the young folk gathered 'round. Truth is, I'm kinda bored making the same thing, but who can resist that reception? The dip was gone in a few minutes. Easy. Uncle, I give up. Give the masses what they want!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom