"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 10-29-2004, 04:57 PM   #11
Master Chef

I am going to a party at one of my coworkers. His wife makes the best food. Her cheesecakes are to die for. We always request them for our parties. Yum!! I probably won't dress up, unless I can come up with something from what I have around the house.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 10-29-2004, 05:19 PM   #12

I'm going to be a witch on Halloween .. I made my own hat from cardboard...then I just glued black felt on it.

Old 10-29-2004, 05:24 PM   #13
Certified Executive Chef

Think I will be a homosapien this year :twisted: THe greeting below was sent to my by NASA/JPL website on their Saturn orbiter. It is charged cosmic dust.

Old 10-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #14

cool! :D
Old 10-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #15
Master Chef

Since I doubt I'll see any of my grandkids ... guess I'll have to scare myself. Figure if I strip down and step on the scales that might be good for one fright ... looking in the mirror with the light on might make for two ...
Old 10-29-2004, 10:55 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Think I will be a homosapien this year :twisted: THe greeting below was sent to my by NASA/JPL website on their Saturn orbiter. It is charged cosmic dust.

too bad they didn't pay cash, norgeskog. you can avoid the tax that way... bah dum dum....

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:43 AM   #17
Head Chef

My husband I are eagles members of our local eagles and they are planning to have a halloween party so we may dress the grandsons up and take them out for a fun evening of finger foods and games.

- WOODROW WILSON
Old 10-30-2004, 06:03 AM   #18
Head Chef

We went to a party last night. Everyone got dressed up. I was a G>I> and my husband dressed in a karate outfit. My friend, the hostess, was a witch with a twist. She had the big hat, and dressed all in black with a black shawl around her. She would ask everyone as they arrived "have you noticed how hard it is to find a bra that fits?" then she would open the shawl to reveal two pumpkins (smily faced) that she had sewn to a black bra. Very funny.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:59 AM   #19
Master Chef

In our town, and in many others I've been to, Halloween has rather replaced what New Years Eve was to our parents .... kind of the adult party day of choice. In our case, we'll be going to three parties, and the parade. Small town parades are the best! My imagination is about played out on the costume front; we made up costumes for a party a few years ago that were a play on the fact that he was born in Joliet, prison denims that say something like "property of Statesville" and fake ball & chain & handcuffs. Recycled so not much. At any rate, in Galena Halloween has become the beginning of the holiday season.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:41 AM   #20
Master Chef

Just got back from the second of the three parties. I was quite happy when I walked into one and everyone yelled, "the artichoke dip is here!!!!!!" and all of the young folk gathered 'round. Truth is, I'm kinda bored making the same thing, but who can resist that reception? The dip was gone in a few minutes. Easy. Uncle, I give up. Give the masses what they want!!