Halloween.... Yawn........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ok..... not to be a party pooper but I dont like Halloween. I think its a big o' waste. As a kid I felt the same way. I asked my dad why do WE buy candy to give out.... then I go door to door to GET candy?
I rather stay home watch a movie and eat the candy that WE had.
And dressing up? Goofy. (no one yell at me now)
As an adult.... I feel similar. As a Christian I dont like Halloween. Dressing up is interesting though. But thats only if its a woman and she is looking GOOD! 8)

Am I alone here? Are you all going to yell at me? Why is my cat licking my darn pan?!

I never had much interest, since I don't have a family.. I dunno.. I DO this year... Life is all about having fun! I'm just in the mood to dress up have good eats and good drinks. Each person is entitled to their opinion. The fact that I'm going to be giving candy out in my new house tomorrow, has me all excited. I just love this time of year anyway.. all the fun holidays.

I agree DS, I always thought it was stupid. However, I did like going around with my brother (7 years older) and his buddies because they would never knock on a door and ask for candy, they were more into the practical jokes. My parents let me go with him until they got a call from the minister that he and his buddies had carried his VW up the steps and put it infront of the door.

64871803107.jpg

ALERT: Oregon leash laws will be strictly enforced today at Autzen Stadium when the OREGON DUCKS lick the WASHINGTON HUSKIES

:cry: I could not get a ticket, sold out, so my friends and I are meeting at a sports bar.

my dad always reminded us that halloween is a pagan ritual, and it is merely the day before the holy day of obligation known as all saints day.

ppllllllllpppph (a bronx cheer), gimme the candy and pagans any day, lol.

ok, now i have to go to confession....

buckytom said:
my dad always reminded us that halloween is a pagan ritual, and it is merely the day before the holy day of obligation known as all saints day.

ppllllllllpppph (a bronx cheer), gimme the candy and pagans any day, lol.

ok, now i have to go to confession....

you are right buckytom. I cannot go to confession I am not catholic.

best part about being catholic. you can do anything you want, and so long as you're sorry and tell the priest, you're off the hook.

only the jews have us beat. they just have to be sorry for everything on one day a year....

buckytom said:
best part about being catholic. you can do anything you want, and so long as you're sorry and tell the priest, you're off the hook.

only the jews have us beat. they just have to be sorry for everything on one day a year....

Yeah buckytom, well said and thanks.

We always look forward to Halloween.

We enjoy carving some pumpkins, lighting up the cattle skull so it looks just a bit spooky, putting the candles about, and doling out tons of candy to the local children.

This is the kids' night, and we take great joy helping them have fun.

Halloween...
not my favorite.
bar-hopping on Halloween is cool, though, cause it's kind of a warp-zone... you'll see a pregnant nun sipping on a draft and smoking a cigarette, or a 6-foot-tall banana and a clown fist-fighting and rolling around on the concrete just outside the door. costumes DO liven things up.
same thing for Halloween parties, although those are usually more civilized.
i don't eat chocolate, so leftover candy isn't something for me to smile over, and may i say one more time that
I HATE FALL!
it's all wrong. earth tones are not my thing.
bring me winter in all its snowy glory and cool tones and i'm a happy woman.
if i see one more rust-colored leaf or centerpiece or pumpkin i'm going to have a braekdown.
i'm not even in the mood to throw the party i wanted. and i'm always in the mood to throw a party.

I love Halloween too! I am also a Christian, and I don't see any conflict there. I don't "celebrate" Halloween--not into pagan rituals, etc.. I think of Halloween as a fun time to dress up and for kids to trick-or-treat. I don't care if the origins were some pagan thing--that's not what it is now. It is just a time to have fun. We all need a chance to get goofy now and then.

:) Barbara

The pagan celebration on Halloween (Samhain) celebrates the 3rd and final harvest of the year. Also it's the end of the pagan year, kinda like New Year's Eve.

Back
Top Bottom