Hard time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindatooo

Head Chef
Hi, my friends,

I had to have my Jake! put down on 2/11 He would have been 13 on 2/14. He was broken and the vet agreed it was the kindest solution but oh does my heart ache. I miss him everywhere in the house. Even when he was testy he was my best friend. Those of you who have read the Jake stories know how sorely he is missed. I'm thinking of finding a pet grief support group. It just hurts so very much to lose him.

So if I'm even spacier than usual - that's why.

awww linda i am so very sorry. i know what it's like. about 5 years ago i had to have my boxer put to sleep because he had cancer. worst thing is it was so sudden. healthy and happy one day the next he had a lump on his neck. not even a week later he was gone :cry:
if there's anything i can do for you please let me know.
just let me tell you your not the only one who has wondered if something else could have been done. it doesn't make it an easier but the vet was right. again i am so very very sorry

Linda, I put my Malia down last year. I know what you are going thru. We now have Koapaka and my heart is not as empty. :cry:

img_85820_0_47a02c7505d3ed6f1f17265d3508b366.jpg

I'm so sorry..........I can't even imagine not having my Trinket (Cat) around. I tell her all the time she has to stay with me forever. I know when her time comes to fly with the angels I'm going to be heartbroken.

i'm really truely sorry, lindatoo. i hope you know your jake loved you unconditionally.
this may seem a bit rushed, but please consider getting another pet. not a replacement, but a continuation of the love you shared with jake. there are so many animals that need owners like you in shelters, umm, aww geez, i mean there are so many animals in shelters that need good homes. when my first cat died (from a negligent vet cleaning his teeth), we were in shock. but i had heard that it was good to go right out and get another pet to love. it is supposed to help soften the loss a little while you mourn, and it did just that. in fact, it was kinda weird how our new cat "dipey" acted in such odd ways, just like our old cat "kitty", like kitty's spirit had moved into dipey's body when we brought her home. it was so strange, but i've heard similar stories from other people who did the same thing.
i'm not promising that it will happen, but it may, and at the very least, you've saved another pet from the shelters, and have someone to tell how much you loved jake that will completely understand...

i'm so sorry that your best buddy is gone, lindatoo.
12.gif

pets are as beloved as family members and loved just as much in most situations, and i'm sure you loved your Jake very much.
~HUGS~ to you.

We lost our Gabby a year ago to old age. She was such a good dog, and it broke our hearts to let her go. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, and we still miss her terribly. We won't have another pet at this stage, but we're happy to have had our little doggie for so many years.
My heart is sad for you.

Isn't Wasabi the best? She just always comes up with the most appropriate responses.

So sorry to hear about your loss as I know just how you feel. About 4 years ago I had a little terrior name, Benji. I'd had Benji for 14 years and he was a great friend and companion but when he died I definetly missed him something terriable and to this day I still miss him.

So sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel.

I'm so sorry, 2. I know just how you feel and it hurts, doesn't it? My mom and dad had to put their dog down a year and a half ago and Mom still can't be home alone without music on now. It's just too empty for her. You're in my thoughts...

My heart goes out to you!!! I am so sorry. Sometime people who do not have pets do not understand that they really are a part of your family just as a brother or cousin or any other member. Feel free to use us for support. We all love you and know what you must be going through.

When we put my first cat down I did not think I could ever get another pet. I felt like I would be betraying Tupi if I did that. Well I did get another cat and it did not diminish Tupi in any way. It actually did help me get over the grief and in some ways even helped me remember things about Tupi that I would have maybe otherwise forgotten. My new cat was not a replacement, but he was something else to share some love with and that always helps during a sad time.

Thank you all - I'll certainly get another dog as soon as I feel I've something to give her. My house is way too quiet as well!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom