Help from the dog lovers of the group!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Two weeks ago Paul and I had most of the carpets in the house cleaned.

This weekend we had our best friends over for a little party.
They brought their dog. :mad: The "dog" as it is now being called
PEED on the carpet and then followed it up by a nice large runny mess of poop! I've used Resolve carpet cleaner and also Oxieclean. I can not get the stains out. Any good ideas for getting things clean again. We really don't want to pay to have them cleaned again. :sick: :sick: :sick:

How incredibly frustrating!!! I hope your friends apologized!:rolleyes: I've used Resolve before and it doesn't seem as powerful as a couple other ones I like for when our cat decides to :sick: .

I like Clorox stain remover spray. You can get it in the laundry aisle of the grocery store. It comes in a dark blue spray bottle. It's color safe and works well on carpets (my parents' dog was very sick his last couple years of life and my mom swore by this stuff!). Just spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes and then blot well with a clean dry cloth. Once it's dry you can vacuum to bring the pile of the carpet back.

You can also try a spray cleaner called Awesome. Around here you can find it at the dollar stores. It seems to work on about anything. Just be prepared--it has a strong chemical smell when you spray it. I can't use it because of my asthma, but DH likes it! It doesn't smell once it dries. You use it just like the Clorox spray.

Good luck!!!

Can't believe oxyclean didn't get it! I would have it cleaned again and send them the bill!

Like jennyema, I had extensive experience as well. Our family room carpet is more Oxyclean than carpet these days.

Don't know of anything else to suggest, pds.

THanks!!
I just Oxy cleaned them again. Next step... call the carpet cleaners!

Ditto on what Rainee said! You shouldn't have to pay for another carpet cleaning. Did they ask before they brought the dog over? Seems like it had an upset stomach.

I had a (ex) friend who had keys to my apartment and would just "pop" by whenever she wanted, with her huge dog. It would drive me nuts because she never asked before she let him in.

:) You need something that has enzymes in it it to break down all kinds of doggie accidents.You also could invest in a hoover carpet steam cleaner when they are on sale I have one and it works like a dream I use it for normal cleaning and for the occasional accident it sucks it right up.

I was just about to suggest you get your own carpet cleaner... they're pretty resonable, and they work great. My parents have a pretty large house, and about twice a year we actually drag in the hose from outside, and just soak the carpets across the whole house, and we run the thing, and you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff you'll get out of your carpets! After we started doing this, my allergies improved by leaps and bounds as well.

Back
Top Bottom