"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #11
Master Chef

Sounds like you both had a wonderful prom. I truely look forward to it even though it seems to be quite quite expense for a dance.......a minimum of 300.00.....but its his first dance so its worth it.
I'll def. let you all know when its over and request help to post the photos.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:59 AM   #12
Head Chef

When my daughter went to her Senior prom, a group of us mothers got together and prepared a very fine dinner for 6 couples. I don't remember the menu, but it ws very elegantly presented and the kids had a ball. This saved a lot of money for the young men, and we stayed out of the picture, except to serve the meal. I think having a responsible adult drive them is the way to go, either by pooling money for a limo, or whatever. There was no question of renting any hotel room, either. An after prom party at someones home sunds great, but I wouldn't want to not know where my kids are on any night. Old fashioned, I guess.

Old 04-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #13
Chief Eating Officer

For my prom no one went out for a meal. We ate at the prom. My parents would never have allowed us to get a hotel room (smart parents they were), but they did allow all my friends and dates to sleep over their house. They stayed upstairs so we could have our privacy (as much privacy as 12 people in a living room can have). Dad made a big breakfast for all of us the next morning.
I know that when my daughter is ready for her prom she will NOT be getting a hotel room no matter what.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #14
Master Chef

Def. no hotel room. I don't care if he is 18. I totally agree on that.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #15
Master Chef

Well discovered tonight that the guys have an away game (double header) prom night so we may end up with quite a few upset girls on our hands because they may not make it back until an hour before prom. I can't wait to seem them all dressed up though. I got to see his girlfriends dress today and its beautiful. I kept asking him what color it was and neither was sure of what color to call it so she brought it to the game. So we're (my son and I) off to go by her corsage tomorrow. I thought I was suppose to buy his flower also but she wants to buy it......works for me