"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-16-2005, 08:25 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Hey, y'all!

Hey folks! Thought I'd drop by and say hi. I've been really, really busy and just haven't had any leisure time to do anything. Work really picked up and on top of that, a buddy and I bought a classic boat that turned into a legal nightmare. I hope y'all didn't think I abandoned you, you know how much I love you guys, just been really busy.

Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
DARN good to hear from you my friend!!! Legal battle huh? Dosent sound like fun. But the boat does! Pop in more often if you can. And everything will work itself out. Be on the right side of things and Im sure you will get rewarded somehow.

Old 06-16-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
Chief Eating Officer

Great to see you DC! I hope the legal problems work out in your favor and once they do you will be able to relax on the boat :)
Old 06-16-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
hi damp !! great "seeing" you again !!
hope everything gets worked out for
ya soon. take care and pop in whenever
you can !!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Sush and GB, what's up? Sorry I haven't popped in for a long time but my time has been pretty eaten up by work and the boat came along and a dream came true. I was helping one of my buddies move and we drove by farmhouse with an old boat on the front lawn with a $250 sign on it. We turned around, checked the hull, cuddy cabin and engine and they looked in great condition. We offered the guy $150 and he took it immediately. After a few days of research we find out that it's a 1959 18' wood/fiberglass Squall King built by an obscure custom boat builder in Florida. There's only a few left and we stumbled on one that's in excellent shape. This one has a 1964 Evinrude SportFour 60 HP that looks like it ran yesterday. So far, all it needs is a head piece and starter. Then we went to the Division of Watercraft and everything fell apart. Without going into detail (we weren't thinking about the entire picture when we bought it) we're finally driving up to Cleveland next Monday to pick up the title after playing phone tag between two attorneys. ACK! My buddy and I have been prepping the boat for restoration nonstop. I'll be posting some pictures soon, I think you'll like it! I miss y'all, I just got a dream boat and I can't stop working on it!

EDIT: Hey, Middie! I'll be in your neck of the woods!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #6
Chief Eating Officer

I can't wait to see those pictures. The boat sounds amazing. I have always wanted to buy a boat to restore. I think that would be such a satisfying thing to do.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #7
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
It not an 'it'...... its a 'her'.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
EDIT: Hey, Middie! I'll be in your neck of the woods!

really ??? when ???
Old 06-16-2005, 10:04 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey DC, good to see you here. A boat that sounds like a wonderful way to spend time..Have fun
kadesma
Old 06-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Here ya go, GB.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...C/Picture1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...C/Picture2.jpg

Those are pics of it still sitting in the previous "owner's" driveway. Since then all the hillbilly rigging has been thrown in the garbage and the interior fiberglass and decking has been sanded down. Next project is to take up part of the deck so we can get a good look at the stringers and inner hull. While we're down there we're installing a bilge pump. Hopefully will be done by Saturday evening!

Sush, it won't be a 'she' until I'm holding the title in my hands! We're thinking about "Neon Moon," what do ya think? Fits the song pretty well!

Middie, I'm up your way either Monday or Tuesday, not sure what part of town. Where's 142nd?