High Traffic Volume?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damp, I have hard times with this site. when i post or reply i will submit it and it will tel me that pphb critical error. Then i will close out the window and then it will say can not find website. after a few mins. it starts working. :?

I keep getting the same thing, Nicole. Says something like "pphb critical error, could not connect to database." :? I guess it's just not me after all. :roll:

Charc, I've been working my tail off (still have a substantial amount of tail left and nooooo - don't go there...) I went back to work and have 2 part time jobs that fill up the day pretty fast, so I haven't been able to get here much lately. Miss all my buddies, which includes you!

Perhaps the problem is in your PC and not your ISP?

Try doing a "Disk Cleanup" to free up space and then a "Disk Defragment" to organise your available resources.

I would download and run "Spybot Search & Destroy" in case it is spyware that is slowing you down. http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

If none of these help, I would consider removing any programs you don't use any more - you might be short of disk space?

Hope this helps.

Hey Keen I get the same errors and problems from 2 different PC's in 2 different parts of the city. And it didn't start until after this past weekend.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Dr Who???!!!!!! :shock:
I LOVE DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have been watching it since 1979. :D

Which one is your favorite??

Leela - Louise Jameson
03.jpg

01.jpg

Certainly got a good pair of legs. :oops: :oops:

Love the costume :LOL:

Who cares about the Doc (Tom Baker) when she is on screen? :LOL: :LOL:

Tonight is Episode 2 of "The Invisible Enemy"

Been a fan since the 60's. Starting to show my age. :oops: :oops:

I've had only 2 hiccups with this site since I've been visiting here & I'm definitely not complaining.

My ISP is a pain though, I've given up logging onto his poxy proxy. Keeps turning it's toes up. Maybe, if some are logging on via a proxy server, if you log on directly to the net may cure some speed & reliability problems.

But I certainly agree with all that has been said re: defrag, spyware, cookies etc & cleaning out your cache regularly.

Rainee said:
Hey Keen I get the same errors and problems from 2 different PC's in 2 different parts of the city. And it didn't start until after this past weekend.

Hmm Rainee, then that's me out of ideas! There are just so many things it could be.

If you follow the advice I gave earlier it might help - certainly it won't harm your PC and should improve performance for other tasks.

I believe all these problems are related to the change over to the new site. The change was started, but did not work right so we were moved back here temporarily. Once the changes does take place these problems should go away. I do not think any of these issues are specific to any user or their computer.

Back
Top Bottom