High Traffic Volume?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
I've had a terrible time getting onto websites over the past few days. Is there just a lot of traffic volume or should I stick a supercharger on this 'puter? Just wondering if anyone else has been having this problem. :?

Damp, I haven't had any problems with websites. Although what websites are you going under that can be slow :shock: . Wait...... Do I want to know. Im just teasing you.

I haven't had any problems, either. Maybe your ISP is experiencing technical difficulties or something.

Z, I think you might be right, I don't think anything is wrong on my end and the ISP I have only offers slow service (56k, I live in the country.) Nicole, I'm a good boy, I don't visit those type of sites! :shock: :LOL:

Me too, DC, today it is very slow and it is frustrating. I blame stupid old MSN - they kick me off regularly whether I have been good or bad. I finally quit using hotmail because they now make you enter another code to enter before you can send an e-mail, and that does not let you forward an e-mail to a friend. Ah well, no more ranting......but yes DC it is slow.

Norge, I didn't have problems until I updated Windows Security Friday morning, my computer has been going crazy ever since. :? I assume (hope) it's a coincidence.

DC, what O/S are you running? Was that the Service Pack 2 for XP that you installed? I've heard that lots of folks had problems with that one.

You might want to set aside some time and call your ISP Tech Support, explain what happened, and see if they can walk you through something to fix it. I've had to do that many times.

DampCharcoal said:
I have ME, Allen, not sure exactly what to do with it, I'll take your advice and contact my ISP.

I have the XP, and wish I had windows 98 back, fewer crashes and lock ups then.

norgeskog said:
DampCharcoal said:
I have ME, Allen, not sure exactly what to do with it, I'll take your advice and contact my ISP.

I have the XP, and wish I had windows 98 back, fewer crashes and lock ups then.

Been there, done that.....

Tried ME, went to XP Pro, now I'm back with 98se. Everything is so accessible and easy to use. Especially as I change hardware components quite a bit, XP would go crazy. A real PITA.

Then again, with my old steam driven P3, couldn't ask for a better OS.

If I had my choice, I'd be using an Apple. :shock:

Yes Brooksy.........
img_88509_0_e5af2b647cc297d0583612cec5b68f88.gif

wasabi said:
Yes Brooksy.........
img_88510_0_e5af2b647cc297d0583612cec5b68f88.gif

A friend of mine just purchased:

PowerMac G5, Dual 64-bit fluid-cooled 2.5GHz CPUs, Dual 1.25GHz front side buses
2 GB DDR-400 SDRAM
2x 250GB SATA HDDs
nVidia GeForce 6800 DDL Ultra 256MB GDDR3 VRAM, the best gaming video card the world has seen.
And, get this:
30" (29.7" viewable) 2560x1600 TFT Cinema HD Flat Panel Display.

and he reckons it is ok.

I started with a II+ then //e and then unfortunately had to go ibm for work. Now I'm retired & can't afford an Apple.

First II+ cost me nearly $A4000 back in 1981 0r early 82 can't remember now :oops:

I sure wish I could play games on that baby. 30 inch screen.....wow.

I told him that as soon as the newness is off it and he's installed XPlane (a flight sim), I'd show how to fly the sucker.

He's also looking out for a force feedback chair.

And he's retired & single (not a throw away)!!!

:LOL: Boys with toys. And here I sit with my 12 inch i-Mac. Size does matter.

Oh yeah.... Damp..... your connection is slow because of a few things.... one: when was the last time you did a defrag? Two: you need to erase ALL cookies and everything in you 'TEMP' folders. three: you either have a virus or spyware OR something messed up your registry. I STRONGLY recommend using something called Registry Mechanic and Spybot AND an antivirus. ;)

Thanks a ton, folks! :D Sush, I did what you recommended and things are a bit speedier although for some reason I'm still having a hard time getting on this site in particular. I'll keep working on it though. Stupid computers. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom