"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 10-30-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
Head Chef

How Many People Buy?

How many people go into a department store, see things that they like and buy on the spure of the moment?.

I used to do this and a week or two later I would decide that I really didn't want it. So to break myself of the habbit of buying things that I really didn't want I decided that the next time I had the impulse to buy something just because it was pretty, cute or whatever I would pick it up, put it into my shopping cart and continue on with my shopping for what I was there for and by the time I was ready to check out I had had plenty of time to come to the comclusion that what I had picked up I really didn't want or need so I put it back.

- WOODROW WILSON
Old 10-30-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Master Chef

tweedee.....I too see something I like and want and throw it in the cart and 9 times out of 10 by the time I'm ready to go to check out I pull it out of the cart and set it aside and not purchase it. There are times I may go to the store several different times and put that item back into my cart and think ok this time I'm going to buy it. If this happens then I usually end up buying it. I usually always end up buying something I didn't go into the store for though. Sometimes I'm thrilled well after its bought and sometimes I end up just returning it.

Old 10-30-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
Traveling Welcome Wagon

If I put it in my cart, I would probably end up buying it. I tell myself that I will go back for it. If I really don't need it, I don't go back, but if I decide it is worth getting then it is worth going back for. Once in awhile I will put something in my cart because I really do want it, but I'm not sure I can afford it. I put it in the top part of the cart to remind me to think about it. Then, if I can't afford it, or if I just decide I don't need it, I put it back.

:) Barbara
Old 10-30-2004, 02:26 PM   #4

Yeah, I do this.. I'm one of these people that go to buy 2 or 3 things and come out with 30. Nine times out of ten, I end up forgetting what I went for in the first place.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

ladies, when you take it out of your carts, where are you putting it back? I hope in the original spot you found it!
Old 10-30-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
ladies, when you take it out of your carts, where are you putting it back? I hope in the original spot you found it!
Always! That is one of the reasons I prefer not to put it in there if I'm not sure I want it.

:) Barbara
Old 10-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

thank you! I will probably spend half of this evening putting things back -- on the other side of the store -- that people decided they didn't want.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
if I'm wayyyyyyyy out in the parking lot, I don't drag it back to the store. I just wheel into the cart holders.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

No, I meant the merchandise, jools!
Old 10-30-2004, 02:42 PM   #10

LoL blonde moment... yeah, I put most of the stuff back unless I'm pressed for time.

ironchef should use this for his siggy pic!