How many places do you shop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
On a weekly (or however often you shop) basis, how many stores do you go get your groceries from? What type of things do you purchase at each location? Is it worth the driving (for those who go multiple places)? As you can see, I'm probably a little crazy to drive all over town for all this stuff, but I really find that these are the best products at the best prices for me and my family.

Me...Yes, it's worth the drive! :D

NEW SEASONS: organic produce, meats canned, bulk foods - anything on sale, I base my weekly list on their sale stuff.

TRADER JOES- whole wheat pita, shredded cheese (mozzarella & soy), whole wheat pizza dough, frozen chicken, fresh fryer, chips, popcorn.

ASIAN STORE: mint, chinese chives, tofu, limes and any sauces I need
7-11 (I know, sounds strange...) - milk - local company, bST free and at a good price, though I have started getting the TJs stuff, for convienence, it's also bST free and only like 20 cents more

COSTCO- organic salad blend & egg beaters

WINCO/SUPER WAL-MART: baking supplies (butter, flour, etc), certain canned soups (i.e. Campbells) that's cheaper than it would be elsewhere, Pacific Foods Soup, certain cheeses, 100% whole wheat bread (any brand, as long as less than 2 bucks a loaf)

Now your turn... :)

we only go to 3 stores.
marc's (it's cheap)
tops (i work there)
and sometimes walmart
cause the shampoo i get there
is really good and really cheap
and they don't have it at marc's.
the drive doesn't bother us at all.
marc's and tops are right around
the corner. walmart is maybe 2 or 3
miles away.

Nope I go to one store. It's called Rulli Brothers. I don't have time to shop around at differ stores. where I live it would take the money I saved and I would have tro put it in gas to go to other stores. Rulli Brothers is farely cheap. pluse it's a Butcher shop/Italian store

i go food shopping at least 3 times a week, and have a choice of 2 a&p's, a pathmark, an acme (lol, no ronjohn, not for my rocket powered roller skates), a han-ah-reum (a korean/asian market), and 2 whole foods markets.

The main store I go to is a local family owned grocery store. Dierbergs. I cannot believe how I can email their company and the next day they write that it is in the store. It is as if I owned t he store and have personal attention. With that kind of customer service I won't go anywhere else. Also the hamburger still 'smells' like hamburger. The employees are all accommodating and understanding. One thing I admire highly is the fact that they encourage the customers to let them know if one of their employees has gone out of their way to help. I feel if every company would make this a policy what a better place to work. Everyone likes a 'pat on the back' for a job well done. Also, I go to Whole Foods where I like the condition if something doesn't do what you expect they will take it back, provided you have receipt. Keep those receipts. I thank you "htc"for bringing up this topic. It gives me a chance to compliment some people who are well deserving of a job well done.

These are only the stores I patronize regularly. For everything else it is hit and miss. I believe in Sears for my household as they have been in business many years and consider that a big factor where I go. Stores that seem to come in with a big bang also have that effect when you shop there.

buckytom said:
an acme (lol, no ronjohn, not for my rocket powered roller skates),

WHAT?!?!?! Probably no anvil launching catapults either, huh??

John

I go to a few. There are two Stop and Shops that are close to my house. I use them both. There is also a Trader Joes about 10-15 minutes away that I will go to. On occasion I will travel half an hour to Whole Foods.

One thing that I really learned from FoodTV is that the quality of the ingredients really matters, so if I go to one store and don't like what I see then I will try another store or change what I am making.

Giant Eagle- hard-to-find cheeses, tilapia, clams, smoked salmon, steaks, chicken breast, burger, ethnic ingredients, antipasto/olive bar, butter, juice, tofu, Citerrio Fresco beef bresoala and proscuitto, seasalt and Kosher salt, Stouffer's macaroni and cheese, olive oil, lunchmeat, organic foods, produce. they have the best produce.
they carry things like pink peppercorns and English foods and stuff i can't find anywhere else nearby.

Shop 'n Save- unshucked oysters, tuna steaks, salmon halves, crab legs, frog legs, mussels, most other types of seafood, frenched lamb chops, veal, tripe, soup bones, walnut oil, pickles and green olives, blue potatoes, starfruit, lemons.

big Wal-mart- vitamins, scotch tape, and Windex, lol. seriously, i don't do much grocery shopping there except for things like yogurt and canned veggies. gotta love those prices!

Foodland- a place i shop at when necessary. i get things like yogurt, string cheese and pop there. not much else.

the butcher is awsome and the conveience store nearest to me sells Wild Bill's beef jerky so i'm a frequent flier at that place.

tv.gif

Trader Joes, for fun!
Safeway, for the everyday needed things.
Costco, for soaps and veggies if I need a lot of them.
Fred Meyers if I'm there getting other things... no produce from them though. It sucks.

My favorite place to shop though is AMAZON.com for books! I just got the newest James Patterson book! Yippee!!! Just in time to read on vacation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom