How was your day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dove said:
Feeling some better today,,very tired and weak. I woke up yesterday morning and ran for the bathroom. Spent all day with a bucket at my feet. Even a sip of water wouldn't stay down. This lasted about 14 hours. The doctor insisted that I intake clear liquids..ha! A teaspoon in and 2 qts. out.

Glad to hear some improvement, Dove. Try a sip of room temperature coke or coke syrup, or warm ginger tea. Ginger is is a great tummy settler. I would make it for you, but have no way to get it to you.

you could bring it... 8) I was taking a sip of ginger ale..can't have coke unless it's sugar free.
Thanks for the offer Norge.
Dove

Dove said:
you could bring it... 8) I was taking a sip of ginger ale..can't have coke unless it's sugar free.
Dove

Persevere Dove. Keep getting all the fluids you can into you. Dehydration only makes you worse.
I know throwing up isn't pleasant, but you need to get those fluids into you anyway you can, otherwise it'll be hospital and a tube in your arm.

Dove said:
Dove

ginger ale is always good and will work quite well, especially at room temperature. Do not understand the room temperature thing, but for some reason it works better than when icy.

I've had a great day today.. nothing exciting but, I got everything on my list done! And for me thats a good thing.

I'm just sitting here at the puter now trying to catch up on all the posting you guys did while I was gone. A few more hours ought to do it.

Hope all you that are feeling ill are feeling better very very
soon.!

Like you Wifey, sittin' here at the box catching up on heaps, waiting for DW to return from another shopping expedition, watching the weather close in. Was & still hopeful of going for a fly this afternoon (200 mile round trip)(1147 am).

. :roll: :roll:

Brooksy said:
Like you Wifey, sittin' here at the box catching up on heaps, waiting for DW to return from another shopping expedition, watching the weather close in. Was & still hopeful of going for a fly this afternoon (200 mile round trip)(1147 am).

. :roll: :roll:

Do you own your own plane? How neat!
Hubby really wants to learn to fly hilocopters.
I think I'll keep him safe on the ground with me.

Yes, we own our little plane. It's only a small two seater, but we bang along at between 100 & 120 knots. Really cool. 8) 8) Very cheap to run aerobatically stressed, although I don't do aero's, or don't mean to. Took a lot to learn to fly with my 'gammy' legs. A real challenge but I did it. :)

Not too bad a pilot either but still got under 200hrs under my belt.

Flying a helicopter is like balancing a pumpkin on a pea. Not impossible but close to it. :LOL: We have a couple of chopper pilots locally and they are a 'snooty' lot.

We have the edge on fuel consumption as well. We use on avergae 12 litres an hour or down to 10 or up to 20, depending what we are doing. The best a chopper can do is about 60 lph & their glide on engine failure is horrendous (like a stone). Ours has a 16:1 glide ratio, for every 1,000 feet down we travel 16,000ft along (forward) so it is quite safe. Plenty of time to find a safe landing area. Had to do it once but that was an electrical fault, not a mechanical fault. We had plenty of time to glide to an airstrip with staff on standby just in case. Scary but cool.

Brooksy said:
Yes, we own our little plane. It's only a small two seater, but we bang along at between 100 & 120 knots. Really cool. 8) 8) Very cheap to run aerobatically stressed, although I don't do aero's, or don't mean to. Took a lot to learn to fly with my 'gammy' legs. A real challenge but I did it. :)

Not too bad a pilot either but still got under 200hrs under my belt.

Flying a helicopter is like balancing a pumpkin on a pea. Not impossible but close to it. :LOL: We have a couple of chopper pilots locally and they are a 'snooty' lot.

We have the edge on fuel consumption as well. We use on avergae 12 litres an hour or down to 10 or up to 20, depending what we are doing. The best a chopper can do is about 60 lph & their glide on engine failure is horrendous (like a stone). Ours has a 16:1 glide ratio, for every 1,000 feet down we travel 16,000ft along (forward) so it is quite safe. Plenty of time to find a safe landing area. Had to do it once but that was an electrical fault, not a mechanical fault. We had plenty of time to glide to an airstrip with staff on standby just in case. Scary but cool.

Scary YES.. cool.. I don't think so.
Becareful when you go up today... don't want ya coming down to earth too quickly! Have fun.

Wifey said:
Scary YES.. cool.. I don't think so.
Becareful when you go up today... don't want ya coming down to earth too quickly! Have fun.

Truuuuuuust me.

If the wings don't fall off it's as safe as houses. DW isn't home yet, & we now have total cloud cover with a base of about 3500ft and getting darker & darker. I can see (from our place) about 15 miles & no sign of rain yet but just now there either a rumble of thunder or a truck on the bridge. :) :)

Our plane hasn't got instrumentation onboard to allow for flying in cloud (ifr), so with total cover I'm limited to flying below clouds until a hole can be found.

Not looking promising anyway :cry: . There's always tomorrow. That'll get me out of mowing the 'weed crop' :LOL: :LOL:

We went to an airshow while in Az. It was at the Marine base. We
were lucky enough to see some pretty amazing planes. ( not to mention some pretty cute Marines! lol) I wish I could remember the name of them all. I know one was one that is used to fuel AIR FORCE ONE while in flight! That was neat. And one flew forward and then stopped and hovered in midair and then went backwards! It was Amazing. :D

pdswife1 said:
We went to an airshow while in Az. It was at the Marine base. We
were lucky enough to see some pretty amazing planes. ( not to mention some pretty cute Marines! lol) I wish I could remember the name of them all. I know one was one that is used to fuel AIR FORCE ONE while in flight! That was neat. And one flew forward and then stopped and hovered in midair and then went backwards! It was Amazing. :D

Who's names are you trying to remember the Marines' oe the aeroplanes'? :LOL: :LOL:
The Harrier jump jets are amazing & when the US went over to England to see them before they bought them they baffled the poms with 'crazy' questions then amazed them with their antics in the sky. Their only draw back is they used 30% of their fuel load to take off vertically. A short roll A conventional takeoff alleviates this.

When the wind is right we can fly our plane backwards as well, but I don't take DW aloft to do it. We need about 40knots wind aloft which equates to about 20 on ground so it is pretty rough. Our stall speed is 35knots, so pointing into wind we can fly backwards. As my experience grows, I should be able to reduce the stall speed aloft to about 30knots but really good rudder control is required. Generally Tiger Moth pilots revel in this type of flying because their stall speed is a lot lower.

Back
Top Bottom