"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-28-2005, 05:10 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to nicole
How was your day?

As I just sit here and . talk to all you later. Hope you all had a great day. :D

Old 02-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I went back to work today, helping to prep and stock the kitchen for the season opening on Wednesday.

I quickly realized why I felt so good all this past month. I haven't been wearing my work shoes. Those things were killing my feet today! I'm still sore, and I've been home and in either comfortable shoes, or sitting down, for 4 hours now. I did go and buy another pair of shoes for work. Hopefully these won't kill my feet as bad.

On the flip side, I've had problems with shoes for 7 years now. I think my arches might have fallen, be in the process, or something else. I probably ought to go see a doctor about it. I've got one pair of really comfortable shoes, my hiking boots, and I've been wearing them for about 4 years now. They're starting to fall apart. I'm going to have to invest in another decent pair here soon.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
My day went good Nicole, thank you for asking. I went to work and then I came home and worked out. :D
Old 02-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to nicole
MJ, I made this post only because people who have to go to work to make a living should be asked how there day was. I know that I would love to come home and be asked how my day went. And if you had a bad day I know it can be nice to just get it out.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Well, today my sister and I went to visit a dear friend in the hospital (did I ever tell you I hate hospitals?). He had open heart surgery and is doing well. Then we had lunch at the Chowder House. Of course we had clam chowder with Ahi sandwiches and french fries (it was the special of the day).Then it's home to you guys, DH and Koapaka. My day is not over. It is 4:50 pm and I am frying up some pork chops...................wasabi
Old 02-28-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Same old, same old................

We have a tongue in cheek saying here..........

"A shambles of course! Someone should blow days up!"

Having a good day - but it's mid arvo here. Made Lentile pies for lunch. shock: Not too bad, but the pastry adds inches.

I am waiting for #1 son to turn up for his driving lesson. I get him to drive me to the air strip (20 miles) & I'll go flying for an hour. :D

Hope you had a good one Nicole, & all you other hardworkers.

No one works harder than the SAHMs.
:roll:
Old 03-01-2005, 12:21 AM   #7
Head Chef

Well I fell ill last Friday morning and wasn't able to go to work so I spent the entire day, including the weekend in bed. Watching television inbetween naps. As for today i was feeling a little better but was told by my boss to take an extra day off and relax. But hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.

- WOODROW WILSON
Old 03-01-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedee
Well I fell ill last Friday morning and wasn't able to go to work so I spent the entire day, including the weekend in bed. Watching television inbetween naps. As for today i was feeling a little better but was told by my boss to take an extra day off and relax. But hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.
Good on your Boss! Better he only loses one employee to illness rather than a heap. Hope he's paying you for the day.

Hope you get better real soon.Tomorrow is Spring.

A good belt of OP Rum & all blankets on the bed should sweat all the bugs out. I have some 164% proof (82% v/v) just for that purpose. Trouble is I spend half the Winter trying to catch a cold so I can have some Rum. Beer doesn't work.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:07 AM   #9
DC Grandma

Tweedee,
Don't feel alone..I fell in the wee hours of the morning rushing to the bathroom..heck, I can't even walk straight much less run! Bumped into an extra chair at the foot of the bed, bounced sideways into the triple dresser, it made me go back-wards and then I fell flat on my bottom. (one or two more steps and I would have sat on the foot of the bed..) Still sore. My DH keeps saying "but you fell onto carpet.." Right! with a concrete slab underneath!

Every Monday ( for the past 18 years) I meet with a group of friends just to chat, do crafts and usually go Taco Bell for lunch. Today I had to get home so DH could make a DR. appointment. He kept doing other things thinking it was for 3:30 but it was 3:00..15 min. to 3 he started for the shower..had to call and reschedule for tomorrow. He is getting so forgetful..it's taxing my brain to do double duty..LOL

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:10 AM   #10
Head Chef

I had a great day yesterday. Our anniversary, dinner out. Started the day going for a long walk, got my hair trimmed, hubby played golf. Just a nice, relaxing day.

I'll never forget my grandaughter, when she was about 3 years old. We were visiting and sat down to dinner, and she looked around the table and said "so, how was your day?" So cute. :)