"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-15-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
Executive Chef

I can't believe this...

Newsweek crossed the line. The editors should be arrested and prosecuted. This isn't a political attack on a candidate, people died because of this story. cnn.com

Old 05-15-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Really? Although I didn't read the story,it's sad if people die because of a stupid news story.

Old 05-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
Executive Chef

MJ, you can do better than that. I've known you for a while, don't play the standard quotes on me, okay? How ya been, dude?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Which story?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Pds, cnn.com has the main story. I rarely get angry but this one ticks me off. MJ, I know you're busy with your boys, I hope they're rockin' the ball!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Ok....... I believe ya man, but where is the story. What is it about? What is it called?
Old 05-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #7
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Quote:
NEW YORK Newsweek magazine Sunday apologized for a May 9 report alleging U.S. interrogators flushed the Quran down the toilet at Guantanamo Bay, a claim that had prompted attacks in Pakistan, Afghanistan and the Gaza Strip that left 15 dead and scores more injured. "We regret that we got any part of our story wrong and extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the U.S. soldiers caught in its midst," Editor Mark Whitaker wrote in the magazine's latest issue.

In response to the demonstrations and subsequent deadly clashes that sparked promises by the U.S. for an investigation, about 500 Islamic scholars and tribal elders gathered in Faizabad (search), 310 miles northeast of Afghanistan's capital, Kabul (search). The scholars called for a resolution mandating anyone found to have abused the Quran (search) to be punished, said Maulawi Abdul Wali Arshad, head of the religious affairs department in Badakhshan province.
OOOOOPPPPSSSS!!!!!

Rotten journalists!! They report almost everything BUT the truth. They pull the wool over peoples eyes and I am VERY tired of it!!!