I can't believe this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
Newsweek crossed the line. The editors should be arrested and prosecuted. This isn't a political attack on a candidate, people died because of this story. cnn.com

Really? Although I didn't read the story,it's sad if people die because of a stupid news story.:shock:

Pds, cnn.com has the main story. I rarely get angry but this one ticks me off. MJ, I know you're busy with your boys, I hope they're rockin' the ball! :cool:

NEW YORK — Newsweek magazine Sunday apologized for a May 9 report alleging U.S. interrogators flushed the Quran down the toilet at Guantanamo Bay, a claim that had prompted attacks in Pakistan, Afghanistan and the Gaza Strip that left 15 dead and scores more injured. "We regret that we got any part of our story wrong and extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the U.S. soldiers caught in its midst," Editor Mark Whitaker wrote in the magazine's latest issue.

In response to the demonstrations and subsequent deadly clashes that sparked promises by the U.S. for an investigation, about 500 Islamic scholars and tribal elders gathered in Faizabad (search), 310 miles northeast of Afghanistan's capital, Kabul (search). The scholars called for a resolution mandating anyone found to have abused the Quran (search) to be punished, said Maulawi Abdul Wali Arshad, head of the religious affairs department in Badakhshan province.

OOOOOPPPPSSSS!!!!! :ohmy:

Rotten journalists!! :angry: They report almost everything BUT the truth. They pull the wool over peoples eyes and I am VERY tired of it!!! :furious:

Back
Top Bottom