"I do not share my recipes with anyone."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see it this way... If you make a living from your cooking, it would not be a good idea to share your recipes. However, I see major restaurants featured on Food TV shows share their famous recipes. But if you don't own a restaurant, sell food items etc, there is absolutely no reason to not share your recipes with others.

I agree, Spatulator. If your recipes are proprietary because you use them make your living, then they might better be kept private. But I'm flattered if someone wants my recipe, and I sometimes offer it without being asked if someone is loving the food. Strange...insecure people, maybe just selfish people?

Listen to this. The other day I was talking to a friend of mine, for whom this particular character used to work until almost few days ago. She was like secretary or something. The guy basically hired her out of the goodness of his hart because she did not have a job. Anyway this is what she did: his company was supposed to cut somebody a check, so he signed a check and told her to print the name and everything else, so what do you think she did. You guessed it; she cut the check to her self. Guess for how much, $10,000. Yes 10 grant, unf***In believable. Lucky for my guy he some how cut her and stop the payment. Of course she's not working for him anymore, what a piece of sh**. Well, it just shows, do not hire people who do not share their food recipe. I’m telling you, I’m not making this up. When he told me I almost jump out of my shoes. :angry:

That makes me think that her recipe is really not one she concocted, instead it is one she stole and does not want others to figure that out.

I have had the honor once for making chocolate covered cherries for President Carter and his wife, You must understand I was only 17 what an deal that was, Mrs.Carter asked me for the recipe and I gave her my copy from my school cook book. Now I don't have it stupid me :( , but that was one of my greatest moments :chef: . My Mother and Barbara my wife are very good at cooking and baking. I wish I had my Mothers chocolate rice recipe :( . My sisters have all my mothers cook books and notes, but my mother worked with a pinch here and a dash there :rolleyes: .

Choclatechef do not feel you need to share but it is an honor to be asked, Just remember if you share with anyone you need to have a copy for yourself afterward too. :)
P.S. I might be able to get my recipe again I remember were my teacher is teaching now :) .

We all know you can give someone your recipe and it never turns out the same exactly, it is like having the passion and skill, some have one or the other, while a few have both, and others have none. This is true in anything.
Just remember if you think you can or you can't you are probably right!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom