I feel like cooking & baking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
Do you ever get those weekends when you just want to hole yourself up in the kitchen and go nuts? I have been busy all week and haven't really gotten a chance to cook anything or bake since last weekend. I've got all my meats, bones ready and the butter softening now, so weekend here I come!

Here's what I'm cooking
split pea soup w/ a ham hock
Asian soup: tofu & nappa cabbage
grilled chicken quarters

And I am going to bake banana cake & strawberry shortcake.

I can't wait!!

Do you ever get those cooking/baking urges? If so, do you ever make mutliple things to satisfy the urge, even if they don't go together, like my list. I won't eat this all in one sitting! :LOL:

I'll go along with the cooking part but can't say I ever wanted to bake anything! lol I do get urges where I just go nuts in the kitchen!!!!!!

Elf, you and I would make a good team as I'm just the opposite. I'll go on baking binges but then have DH take me out for dinner because I'm so beat from baking and didn't think to make anything for dinner!

I made chocolate chip cookie bars the beginning of the week and then spent the last several days baking and decorating cozens of cut-out cookies for a local woman who's hired me to make cookie baskets for her closing gifts for clients. You'd think I need a break but I actually have some of audeo's banana bread in the oven right now.

PA, let me know how the banana bread turns out! I love BB!! I am going to try a banana cake recipe I pulled from recipezaar this weekend. I want to see what the difference is between the bread vs.cake.

HTC:

Oregon is not all that far from Massachusetts. See you for dinner this weekend???? :mrgreen:

Actually I did the same thing recently, making black bean, hot and sour and tomato rosemary soups and a lamb and string bean stew.

This weekend I'm going to make pork lo mein and Chinese BBQ Pork. I'll make the pork first because I'll need the leftovers for the lo mien.

Enjoy the weekend!

Andy M.

Andy M, sounds good!

If you are making the BBQ pork boneless, use the left overs to make a Vietnamese sandwich. So yummy!!! If you want details, let me know. :)

HTC, the banana bread recipe is fantastic. It's a #1 favorite of many of the members here. I'll post it again under the breads in a minute. It's worth the repeat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom