I got a gig!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Starting - oh, yesterday, lol - I'll be making baked goods and desserts for a little place called 'Stono Farms'; a wonderful little store I just found; their farm sells strawberries, blueberries, peaches, butterbeans, etc., plus they make their own 'take and bake' dishes for folks to take home. I noticed there wasn't really any dessert items, and asked the owner about it. We talked, and I took her some samples today, which went over pretty well!

I'm excited - won't be full time which I can't do, and she's giving me lots of freedom with choices, so it should be pretty fun - now if I can just keep hubbie and son away from all the goodies!

Hey, Marm - you need to chat with GB - he's looking into a business that he's starting that has homemade take out....wonder if you could give him any ideas!

Congrats on the job!

Sushi! I missed where you posted you had gotten a new job - congrats!

Tx to all - I think it's going to be fun. Right now I'm in the midst of doing ingredient lists; the owner will be providing some of the ingredients (produce, chocolate, etc) that she can get cheaper than I can at Costco.

Then I'll have to price everything out - that's always a fun job! Then I can start playing!

Hey big things start out out small. Wish you lots of success!

Marm I am so happy for you!!! That is wonderful. You are going to do so well and have fun at the same time :)

Back
Top Bottom