I have BIG news to share with you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations, PA. I am so happy for you and your family.

225.gif

What fun! Babies are just the most wonderful little creatures. My advice: make sure you pay attention to the papa when the baby arrives. Dads really can get pushed into the background and can get a bit sad/mad/huffy/confused/disappointed at times.

Blessings on you both and the baby!

middie said:
yeah... pa's naming her middie aren't you pa *wink wink nudge nudge* lol

LOL, Middie! You read my mind--I was thinking Desiree Middie. :)

And Mud, you are now the official fairy godmother! I'll aim for November 17 just for you!

I'm thrilled for you PA. I have 3 boys myself and each was a different experience as far as the pregnancy and birth..........its an unbelievable experience. I miss most the sensation of each child moving inside of me...........excluding the rib jabs though.

My advice is to savor each and every moment and to keep a journal, writing down each day what you experienced............you'll love to reflect on it years to come and its something you can pass on to your lil one when he/she finds out their going to be a parent.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm absolutely thrilled for you!

PA Baker said:
LOL, Middie! You read my mind--I was thinking Desiree Middie. :)

And Mud, you are now the official fairy godmother! I'll aim for November 17 just for you!

pa... i liiiiiiike it lol

Congrats, Children are what make life worth living. Be a good parent, not a good friend, your child will love you forever for it! I LOVE KIDS! I may have missed it do you have any names ? Ok I admit I LOVE shopping for toys. :rolleyes:
I hope you get through the :sick: :dizzy: :dizzy: :sick: part, I hated that part :mad:. Not that I gave birth to a child but I am a Father and I was sick instead, I know you think I am nuts, Anyway Congrats to you :clap:.

How exciting. =) Congratulations to you and her daddy both!!!

I guess I was too ornery to have morning (or all day) sickness, but I helped many a friend through that trying period so I know how hard it can be. It will go away! (And so will your feet, because they'll be hidden beneath your belly!! hehe)

Much happiness to you and your family!

:heart:
Z

Congradulations!!!!!!

Get lots of rest, because, you won't get any for about 5 years.
BUT, it is ALL so worth it!!! My boys, 20 and 18 were a real handful. I wouldn't trade one day of their lives for anything. It is the best feeling in the world to watch them grow and become adults.You will see that when the baby is born you will never feel that kind of love or closeness with another being except another child. Again, Congrdulations!!!!

Yes the advice to get lots of rest is a great one. One thing I noticed since becoming a father though is even though I am getting less sleep then I ever have and so is my wife, we both wake up and smile right away. As soon as we see our little girl all is right with the world. I used to be the grumpiest person in the world when I woke up. Not anymore. Now I just have this big poop eating grin plastered all over my face :mrgreen:

Thanks again, everyone--your messages mean a lot to me! :)

Maidrite, I don't think you're nuts at all. We just read a fascinating article on couvade--it's also known as sympathetic pregnancy and is where men develop symptoms that are typically the same as those associated with pregnant women--weight gain, nausea, mood swings, food cravings. I think that's pretty neat! I told DH not to bother with the mood swings. I think I can handle that for the both of us just fine! :shock: :ROFLMAO:

Congrats PA! Do you know the *** of your baby? I didnt want to know what I was having, I wanted to be surprised. I hope your sickness goes away soon, mine only lasted a couple of months and was just in the mornings. How exciting for you and your husband to be first time parents:) I agree with Middie about the baby cereal, if the baby eats 8 oz easily then it's time to switch to cereal. My doctor said to wait til she was 6 months old lol...she would have starved if I waited that long:LOL:

Thanks, norges and everyone else!

No Amber, we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. It's still to early to tell. The ultrasound did show it's not twins, though (whew!). They said we should be able to tell in the next ultrasound--about 8 weeks from now--if it's a boy or girl. We're not sure if we want to know yet.

We have a few names we're tossing around as ideas, but haven't decided on anything for sure yet except for the middle name if it's a boy. We'll use a family name that's been a middle name for guys on my dad's side of the family for three generations--Hadley.

Back
Top Bottom