"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #31
Head Chef

How exciting. =) Congratulations to you and her daddy both!!!

I guess I was too ornery to have morning (or all day) sickness, but I helped many a friend through that trying period so I know how hard it can be. It will go away! (And so will your feet, because they'll be hidden beneath your belly!! hehe)

Much happiness to you and your family!

Z

Old 04-19-2005, 02:48 PM   #32
Master Chef

Congradulations!!!!!!

Get lots of rest, because, you won't get any for about 5 years.
BUT, it is ALL so worth it!!! My boys, 20 and 18 were a real handful. I wouldn't trade one day of their lives for anything. It is the best feeling in the world to watch them grow and become adults.You will see that when the baby is born you will never feel that kind of love or closeness with another being except another child. Again, Congrdulations!!!!

Old 04-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #33
Chief Eating Officer

Yes the advice to get lots of rest is a great one. One thing I noticed since becoming a father though is even though I am getting less sleep then I ever have and so is my wife, we both wake up and smile right away. As soon as we see our little girl all is right with the world. I used to be the grumpiest person in the world when I woke up. Not anymore. Now I just have this big poop eating grin plastered all over my face
Old 04-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #34
Master Chef

Thanks again, everyone--your messages mean a lot to me!

Maidrite, I don't think you're nuts at all. We just read a fascinating article on couvade--it's also known as sympathetic pregnancy and is where men develop symptoms that are typically the same as those associated with pregnant women--weight gain, nausea, mood swings, food cravings. I think that's pretty neat! I told DH not to bother with the mood swings. I think I can handle that for the both of us just fine!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #35
Head Chef

Congrats to you and hubby, enjoy your rest and sleep now,for it will change.Have a happy pg.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:24 AM   #36
Senior Cook

My heartfelt congratulations to you and your family! Enjoy the experience!

Jocelyne
Old 04-21-2005, 01:11 AM   #37
Master Chef

my vote is for Madison for a name!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Congrats PA! Do you know the *** of your baby? I didnt want to know what I was having, I wanted to be surprised. I hope your sickness goes away soon, mine only lasted a couple of months and was just in the mornings. How exciting for you and your husband to be first time parents I agree with Middie about the baby cereal, if the baby eats 8 oz easily then it's time to switch to cereal. My doctor said to wait til she was 6 months old lol...she would have starved if I waited that long
Old 04-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #39
Certified Executive Chef

Congratulations PA, so very happy for you.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #40
Master Chef

Thanks, norges and everyone else!

No Amber, we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. It's still to early to tell. The ultrasound did show it's not twins, though (whew!). They said we should be able to tell in the next ultrasound--about 8 weeks from now--if it's a boy or girl. We're not sure if we want to know yet.

We have a few names we're tossing around as ideas, but haven't decided on anything for sure yet except for the middle name if it's a boy. We'll use a family name that's been a middle name for guys on my dad's side of the family for three generations--Hadley.