"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 11-02-2004, 11:15 PM   #11
Head Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
Kitchen elf...you are in my prayers and thoughts thru this tough time....sometimes it's for the bette.r....i know i wasnt your model child but i am the one that turned out for the better....lol...if that says anything....hehehe.....good luck my friend!

Old 11-02-2004, 11:40 PM   #12
Master Chef
You and your family are def. in my prayers. I can attest that I was a horrible teenager. If I could do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. But as they say, "Hindsight is 20/20". Thankfully I pulled my head out of my rear and straightened up and made my parents proud of the adult I became. I pray that God will give you strength and wisdom during this time and that your child will be given the wisdom to make sound, wise decisions, so that, he will not have regrets upon looking back. Just remember, God doesn't give us more than we can handle and that he is just a thought and prayer away.....he'll help you through this and will give your family and friends the wisdom to help you also. Again, your all in my prayers.

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:04 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
I am just now entering the Twilight Zone of living with a teenager, so I wish you all the best, elf. Although I have just about zero experience in this department, please lean this way whenever you need to!
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:04 AM   #14
Senior Cook
how are you doing?

Just wanted you to know you are far from alone... I ahve a 14 and a 19 year old daughter... some days I wish they were sons!!

It's not easy... but I guess the eventual rewards make it all worth it... or so we tell ourselves...

Old 11-03-2004, 08:06 AM   #15
Executive Chef
It is times like this when you surely have to rely on your faith and KNOW that HE truly is the One to make it right. It does test your faith to the edge. Things happen to us to bring us closer to HIm. If you can take the problem and let Him have it. His shoulders are bigger than ours. LET GO, LET GOD. Not easy at all. Keep your eyes on Him and tell Him daily, 'this is too big for me, he's Yours. Give him to God. Breaks my heart to know someone going through tough time. I share you sorrow and give your son the love but direction. Don't lose your faith. The world seems to be getting harder and harder to live in. Our God is there. Keep on keepin' on in faith and hope. This too shall pass.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:22 AM   #16
Head Chef
Elf, my thoughts and prayers are with you, as well. I think the term "teen-AGER" is profoundly appropriate, since I have aged more during my sons' teenage years than at any other point! Undoubtedly, others here would agree.

Time.... Believe in the foundations with which you raised them. Just about all children, while they well test the boundary waters, revert to the foundations of their youth. It just takes time for them to come back.

Stay strong and keep your faith. (And feel the love....)
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is Optional.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
hi kitchen elf, if there's anything you need, or anything we can do to help, if just a shoulder or sympathetic ear, you've got it....
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:28 AM   #18
Chief Eating Officer
I am here for anything you might need elf! You are in my thoughts!
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
Old 11-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #19
Hospitality Queen
Thank goodness we have His instruction book!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

You and your family will be in our prayers today. I promise.
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
Old 11-03-2004, 10:47 AM   #20
my thoughts are prayers are with you also.. hope you're okay.