I need to be selfish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers over the next couple of days. Life is tough with a teenage son and it seems to be getting tougher. I never EVER thought I would be dealing with some of the stuff that I am and I need strength and guidance - trust me - I've asked Him for help - I think I might need a little extra......

Thanks - I just can't stop crying.

Kitchenelf, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will be thinking about you.

Elf, Whatever you are dealing with, you are not alone. Your family will be in my prayers. wasabi (Linda)

Elf - you got it! Trust me ... been there, done that .... and only the Lord kept me from killing one son. He turned out to be someone I'm really proud of. Kids ... :(

Elf.... my friend AND manager is dealing with a daughter that is in a mental hospital. She lost it. I believe she is 19. VERRRRRRRRRRRY hard on him. I of course do not know your situation. But I WILL pray. I WILL hope that all is alright. THe Bible says "this too shall pass". As tough as it is... this too shall pass. Look as all your hard times now.... it is VERY tough in many ways. BUT.... this too shall pass. We love ya Elf. :)

i'm there for you, Elf. just to potentially help you smile and give you a little lift, i hope you'll hear me when i say this:
you can be the perfect parent and still have teenagers who make you want to scream.
i was one of them, and so i speak from experience.
pot-smoking, school-skipping, keggers, and worse are common, even amongst the 'good kids.' i ran with the jock/cheerleader crowd. we were supposed to be the examples for the others.
we weren't very good examples.
but we all grew out of it enough to become adults. we all stumbled upon our 20's, learned to prioritize, and realized how awesome Mom and Dad
can be.
:D

hugs and prayers.....I have a 14 year old son and while he's pretty good right now, I"m not anticipating that will stay the same. Hope things settle soon and you can deal with it....

Kitchen elf...you are in my prayers and thoughts thru this tough time....sometimes it's for the bette.r....i know i wasnt your model child but i am the one that turned out for the better....lol...if that says anything....hehehe.....good luck my friend!

You and your family are def. in my prayers. I can attest that I was a horrible teenager. If I could do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. But as they say, "Hindsight is 20/20". Thankfully I pulled my head out of my rear and straightened up and made my parents proud of the adult I became. I pray that God will give you strength and wisdom during this time and that your child will be given the wisdom to make sound, wise decisions, so that, he will not have regrets upon looking back. Just remember, God doesn't give us more than we can handle and that he is just a thought and prayer away.....he'll help you through this and will give your family and friends the wisdom to help you also. Again, your all in my prayers.

I am just now entering the Twilight Zone of living with a teenager, so I wish you all the best, elf. Although I have just about zero experience in this department, please lean this way whenever you need to!

how are you doing?

Just wanted you to know you are far from alone... I ahve a 14 and a 19 year old daughter... some days I wish they were sons!!

It's not easy... but I guess the eventual rewards make it all worth it... or so we tell ourselves...

Jocelyne

It is times like this when you surely have to rely on your faith and KNOW that HE truly is the One to make it right. It does test your faith to the edge. Things happen to us to bring us closer to HIm. If you can take the problem and let Him have it. His shoulders are bigger than ours. LET GO, LET GOD. Not easy at all. Keep your eyes on Him and tell Him daily, 'this is too big for me, he's Yours. Give him to God. Breaks my heart to know someone going through tough time. I share you sorrow and give your son the love but direction. Don't lose your faith. The world seems to be getting harder and harder to live in. Our God is there. Keep on keepin' on in faith and hope. This too shall pass.

Elf, my thoughts and prayers are with you, as well. I think the term "teen-AGER" is profoundly appropriate, since I have aged more during my sons' teenage years than at any other point! Undoubtedly, others here would agree.

Time.... Believe in the foundations with which you raised them. Just about all children, while they well test the boundary waters, revert to the foundations of their youth. It just takes time for them to come back.

Stay strong and keep your faith. (And feel the love....) ;)

hi kitchen elf, if there's anything you need, or anything we can do to help, if just a shoulder or sympathetic ear, you've got it....

Thank goodness we have His instruction book!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

You and your family will be in our prayers today. I promise.

Back
Top Bottom