If you could pick any career ....what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking to get back to work after a several year hiatus. I am choosing to be a line cook, mainly because when I wake up in the morning all I can think about is what's for dinner. A true foodie I am. I think it's going to be a hard road at first tho because typically you don't see women on a line, and for the life of me I don't know why. Heck in 90% of homes women are doing ALL the cooking, so why WHY WHY isn't it reflected in resturaunts???? Baffles this brain :roll:

an MD.
38.gif

there's hope yet!

Well, my career of choice is technology. I'm currently a technician, but my dream is to be an engineer. My second dream is to run my own restaurant or be a chef... I know.. doesn't make sense.. :LOL:

Good question, bang. I had been thinking of starting a similar thread, only about what you wanted to be when you were a kid.

Anyway, to answer yours: NOT RETAIL!
Let's assume for a minute that I have the chops to do any of these. How about......

guitarist in a bluegrass or jazz band
ski patrol
finish carpenter for high-end houses
landscape designer
dolphin trainer
hiring out to sail other people's boats to tropical destinations for them

i want to own and operate a small b&b in vermont, with a huge greenhouse and farm behind it so i could grow my own fresh veggies, and raise my own lambs and chickens.
i would make family style but gourmet meals for brekkie and dinner, and would have my own wine and beer cellar...
someday........

Yep, I'm officially loosing it! I thought I had amswered this before I took my son to school this morning! Guess not...must have been that I was thinking about it on my way to & from the school. :oops:

Well anyway here goes! I would like a small roadside garden center(hubby says I can stick a twig in the ground & it will grow). I would carry various plants, including fruits & veggies, fresh produce, & homemade goodies, cakes, cookies, brownies, jams, stuff like that. I have my eye on a little place right down the road from my house that is up for sale right now that would be perfect. But, I'm a chicken & fear failure like you would not believe. I hate leaving my comfort zone but I know I could do it!!! Plus there is the problem with affording to get it all started. Who knows, maybe one day it will happen!

I would like to own a place that sells prepared meals that you can either pick up and bring home to lunch or dinner for your family, or you could buy a bunch to stick in your freezer. The walls would be decorated with my photography which would also be for sale. Oh and I would either live above the store or just behind it so that I did not have a commute.

Other than that I would like to either be a sailing instructor or possibly buy a bunch or sailboats, jet skis, windsurfers etc and rent them out on some tropical island.

GB said:
I would like to own a place that sells prepared meals that you can either pick up and bring home to lunch or dinner for your family, or you could buy a bunch to stick in your freezer. The walls would be decorated with my photography which would also be for sale. Oh and I would either live above the store or just behind it so that I did not have a commute.

Other than that I would like to either be a sailing instructor or possibly buy a bunch or sailboats, jet skis, windsurfers etc and rent them out on some tropical island.
a la jason bourne?? be careful out there!

I want to own stock in a restaurant financing company and work as an executive chef in one of their more successful restaurants, doing highly creative cuisine that challenges the boundaries of common sense. I want to do fusion work between traditional southern cuisine and nouveaux-classical cuisine. Poached foie gras with truffle butter served with mashed potatoes and southern cornbread, and the like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom