"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-02-2005, 01:04 AM   #1
Head Chef

i'm so deppressed

hi guys!i dont know why i'm writing this,but maybe it'll make me feel a little better,if nothing else...the truth is,i feel i'm worthless,no one needs me,i dont make difference to anyone in this world,i just feel so down and as i'm typing this,i cant stop crying,i so need someone to hug me and make me feel better...i'm terrible

Old 04-02-2005, 01:29 AM   #2
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
whhhhhat? Why would you feel like that? I love your posts! And you really add good things to a conversation! PLUS we LOVE you!!!!!!! ((((((((((((HUG))))))))))) Whats going on in your life that you would even THINK about being depressed? And remember sweetie, Im broke with no job. Im the person that is supposed to be depressed here. Here are some flowers.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to MochaBean04
hey. i am so sorry. i feel the same way at times. i feel that i will never get anywhere in life and that no one will ever love me like i love them. as im type this im crying to. my "friend" got so mad at me today and started yelling at me just because i was in bed with the flu and i didnt call her. this got me so upset that i just started to cry. when i feel like this, i set outside and i just look at the sky. i pray to god that i can feel better and that life can be normal again. not so sound crazy but i feel like this alot. i dont have depression or anything like that its just my heart and brain start thinking diffrent things and i get all dicombobulated (lol thats how i feel) i wish i could give you a hug. hugs always help me.

Supposed to be a bear hugging lol :) i hope you feel better

_ _
_ (o\-~-/o) _
(o\ ( 9 9 ) /o)
\ \( (Y) )/ /
\ ) ( /
/ \
_____/ )_( \____
hjw =_==( (===) )=_=
`97 | \ ) ( / |
\|vVv(__/,v#\__)V/|/|#..
Old 04-02-2005, 01:43 AM   #4
Hospitality Queen

Sarah! Here's what I know about you...

You are very kind.
You are well-spoken.
You have great taste in desserts!
You have provided me personally with great recipes.

I actually think you are great!

Sometimes we have that lousy feeling, but you know what? You are on this board for a reason - let's find out what it is!

Anytime you want, pm me
Old 04-02-2005, 02:09 AM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Sarah,

Sweetie, you are not terrible. You are a great person. You are just going through one of those valleys we all hit now and then. One problem right now is that you are probably over-tired. Go fix yourself a cup of hot chocolate (or tea, but the hot chocolate doesn't have as much caffeine, which you don't need at this hour) and soak in a warm tub for 15-30 minutes. Don't think about any problems. Just relax and let trouble drain away. Then go to bed knowing that we are praying for you. When you wake up pm me (and jkath too, she is also a good listener, as are many people here) and vent away. We're here for you--don't forget that.

Barbara
Old 04-02-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
Head Chef

Sarah, your a woman, so your not worthless. Looks like your very well needed here and liked. Hope your feeling better.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:37 AM   #7
Master Chef

Don't you worry, sweetie, you're going to be just fine. Remember you have a heck of a lot more hormones doing their number on you right now, so some big mood swings are to be expected! Of course you're important and needed--to us, your hubby and your baby! It's OK to have these moments. I'm just glad you let us know so we could remind you how special you are to us! {{{hugs}}}!
Old 04-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #8
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Sarah honey, you are a very special person!! Just think about that little one you have inside you right now. Without you, it would never have a chance to grow & bring a smile to your face when it's born. Not only that, just like the others here have said, you are an important part of these boards. I know I look forward to reading your posts & you bring a lot to the table! I know how you are feeling & have been there myself. It's tough to try to get through feeling this way, but you have to keep your head up & you know you can always come here for support! We love you & want to see you happy!! If you need to talk, you can PM me any time. Sometimes it just feels better to get it all out in the open. {{{HUGS!!}}}
Old 04-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Look up when you feel down. No need to feel dumb for writing your feelings down. That's why there are computers, typewriters, pens and papers>> so we can express how we feel. Life is full of times when there seems to be an amount of anguish that is hard to handle. Other times, like is full of smiley faces and true joy. If we don't ever have the hills to climb, we can't appreciate the valleys we have to lie on while looking up.

This board is full of loving people who are there to help and lift up. Just keep rereading these inspirational thoughts from everyone, then, put your arms around yourself and give yourself a much deserved mondo hug!

Please post back often so folks can know of your situation.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
sarah we all get like that from time to time. your homones are basically on a warpath right now. but you're not worthless, people do want you around and people love you. i know we all do. i know this sounds crazy but you know what helped me out? listen to some sappy love songs, get a good cry out and i bet you'll feel better.