Is this right on teachers' part?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russell

Senior Cook
We went on a 'field trip' today to a trention thunder baseball game. It was fun, but half way through me and some friends went to get lunch. Me and my friend Josh were in front of this really skinny girl (it is because her stomach is smaller than most peoples, not because she is anarexic), and this normal looking girl. Ok, so then these 2 really annoying sk*** b****** came up to us with french fries and told my friend josh to give it to the skinny girl. She said, "Give these to her. She needs it...do I have to explain". Josh said, "F*** off" Then another one of the 'mean girls' said that the average looking girl was fat and ugly and she didn't deserve to live. Then the meanest thing they did was this...
Mean girl: "Need 50 cents?"
My Guatamalen friend, Jackie: "I don't know you and I don't want your money"
Mean girl: "Why not?"
Jackie: Because I don't need it
Mean girl: "actually your spanish, so you obviously do" and then she put the 50 cents in her pocket and ran away.

Now, we search literally EVERY seat until we found them and we started talkin to them on how they can't say stuff like that to us because we get people on them...I mean LOTS of people on them...within 5 minutes of us finding them people had sent txt messages and at least 6 more people were there. The girl that put the coins in her pocket told her teacher that "the keep lellung at us"...them their teacher came down and told us that she didn't want to hear it and that we should f*** off...

Firstof all, is that right?

now, we went back to where our school was sitting and told our guidance counseler and this is exactly what he said:

"What is done is done and I am not going to doanything about it"...and jackie was standing there crying..is that right for the teachers?

If the teacher used the F word to a student, that is a serious offense which should be brought to the principal's attention.
Secondly, it's sad that some kids (especially girls) feel the need to show to their friends that they can do or say whatever they want. I actually feel sorry for them, if that's what they need to do to get self esteem.

Russell,
Kids are mean. There is nothing that you can do to change that. They were not right for the things that they said to your friend. But, you were not right to confront them. The reason that I say this is, you don't know what they might have done to you or your friends. Too many kids carry weapons and don't care if they hurt someone. After finding them, you could have told your teacher and let him/her take care of it. The other teacher was definately wrong in not saying something to her students. Your teacher was wrong in not controlling the situation and for the obsenities that she threw at you. But, what is done, you can't change. Let your friend know that she is still your friend and give her your shoulder to cry on, if she needs to. It will get easier when you get older. There will still be people that do and say stupid things, but, you will be able to turn around and realize that stupid people are really sad and they should be pitied. I'm really sorry that you had to go through this. I hope that you get through it and learn from it and not let it get you down.
Take care.

that sucks, russell. like jkath said, though, some people do these things to improve thier self-esteem. they just need to down people to prove something to and about themselves, but i'm glad to say, this occurs less and less the older you get. i promise.
about your skinny friend, well, i'm skinny, too, and some dude came up to me before and was like, 'you need a cheeseburger' but it didn't bother me. i just took it as a compliment. encourage your friend to do the same.
as for the TEACHER, well. that was very unprofessional of him and he should have worked on solving the problem. teenagers need the guidance of adults. if you guys were out of school when this big spiel went on, there might not be anything he can do, though.

Last edited:
Clearing something up...
The two girls that were saying all that stuff go to a different school then I do...and they were sitting across the stadiujm from us. The teacher that cursed us out was there teacher and was in no way affiliated with our school. It was a school field trip so I guess that the guidance counselor still can do things about it.

Yes, your guidance counselor needs to follow up on this. And the other teacher needs to be brought up in front of someone higher than her if she was cussing at you guys. That is against ANY school policy. Please, if the counselor that knows of what happened, doesn't do something, I would go to the principal and talk to him/her. Your teacher is obviously not fit to be a chaperone or they would have at least followed up with what happened once you returned to the school. You need to have someone that is looking out for your best interest just as if you were in school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom