"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 11-07-2004, 02:32 AM   #1

Kostya Tszyu — Not A man To BOO!

Hey, Elf, was that you trying to Boo Kostya out of Glendale Stadium, Arizona? What a win over Sharmba Mitchell, what a champion, what a gentleman in the art of fisticuffs.

Old 11-07-2004, 09:12 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

another fine athlete from Oz?

Old 11-07-2004, 06:40 PM   #3

Yeah, and Kostya is not a trash talker like a lot of other boxers including some Aussie ones. Just a great bloke who is doing this as he said for business and sport, out of the ring all agression ends. One of the comments he made in the interview yesterday was that there is too much violence in society already, so lets try and keep it to the boxing ring. An absolute beautiful family man as well.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:58 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

waynet, they don't call it the sweet science for nothing. boxing is an art/science as much as a sport, or that's the way it's supposed to be. fair play to your man, i hope he does well. there's definitely not enough gentlemen with class and grace in sports anymore...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
boxing is an art/science as much as a sport, or that's the way it's supposed to be.
Buckytom, you are 100% right, boxing is a science. Look back at some of the old replays of the great boxers of yesteryear and even some not so long ago. A lot of "boxing" these days borders on street brawling. I am not sure if you watched the Tsyu/Mitchell fight but I quite often find the preliminary fights on the card the best. If you are a boxing fan, did you see the Tsyu/Zab Judah fight. I hope no one here thinks I am not blowing Kostya's trumpet because he is an Aussie (adopted), Kostya as you probably realise is Russian by birth, from a Korean dad and Russian mum. I just think his performance before, during and after the match was admirable, some of the young juveniles around today could take a leaf out of his book and make this a better world for us all. There I go again, philosophising.