Leaving for 2 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Gonna be leaving for California for two weeks on Sunday night. I'll be in touch between then and now, and again when I get back home.

I want to apologize for not taking a more active part over the last few months. My life has been so busy with added community involvement, church responsibilities, work, and most of all just familial duties. I have purposely ignored postings asking for help, where I could have helped due to a lack of time, not that I think I'm all that or nything. But I really enjoy helping anyone who has a question that I have knowledge about, and love learning from everyone's input. That's why I get on the DC site. The comraderie is fun too, and this is a bunch of freindly and eager people. I wish the world was more like our virtual world. Anyways, I want to quickly browse the topics, and then I have to go again. There's always way too much to do in my life. But that's better than being bored and stagnant by far. :)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Don't you worry, Goodweed, we still love you! As you've said to others before, family is most important, along with all of the other day-to-day responsibilities you have. We'll always be here for you and always look forward to your posts--you have so much to share!

Have a wonderful trip to CA and travel safely!

have a great time, weed, and don't forget to stop by the sammich shop sometimes!:)

Have a wonderful time GW, enjoy yourself and relax as much as possible. Will see ya when you return.kadesma:)

Welcome to California when you get here, Goodweed. I hope that you are not planning on going to the mountains above about 7,000 feet. You won't make it in some places. Too much snow. I tried to drive out to one of my projects today and had to turn around due to the snow. :mad: All the rivers and streams a running full. That is the good thing about the snow.
Have fun here, SC. :)

Here in the Valley we were 96* today..from one extreme to the other. I sure hope Goodweed is heading for the Coast..Just where are you going Goodweed?? Have you been to California before? The nights are cool just about everywhere so be sure to pack a light weight jacket..depending on where you will be, you might need something warmer.
Dove

PA Baker said:
Don't you worry, Goodweed, we still love you! As you've said to others before, family is most important, along with all of the other day-to-day responsibilities you have. We'll always be here for you and always look forward to your posts--you have so much to share!

Have a wonderful trip to CA and travel safely!

ITA. You said what I would have said!:LOL:

Have a good trip, Goodweed! Hurry Back! I fully understand about being stretched in so many places. I have three small children at home, and they take a lot of my time while I'm here.

that is absolutely no excuse goodweed!!!! i'll bet you waste time at night sleeping too...

go have your fun and hurry the heck up and get back here, wouldya already???????

Dove said:
Here in the Valley we were 96* today..from one extreme to the other. I sure hope Goodweed is heading for the Coast..Just where are you going Goodweed?? Have you been to California before? The nights are cool just about everywhere so be sure to pack a light weight jacket..depending on where you will be, you might need something warmer.
Dove

Lived in El Cajon for ten years. That's where I met my wife. I have a BOL in L.A. and used to camp in the High Sierras, just North of Mamoth Mountain Ski Resort for a month at a time, every year (while in the Navy). I've skied at Snow Summit and sucba-dived at La Joya Cove. I used to run on Coronado Beach and dirt-bike just East of Imperial Beach.

And yes I've been to Disney Land, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park. I've visited Script's Aquarium and eaten at Beni Hana's, and at many other fine restaurants. San Diego is where I began learning to cook, after I got married.

Yes, I've been to California, and loved everything except the heat, and soooooo many people everywhere. :LOL:

I'll be visiting my MOL and transporting my wife, youngest daughter, and her boyfreind. It sould be a fun adventure. :mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed,

You just made me homesick...as you probably know I grew up in San Diego..lived in Coronado when DH was in the Navy...later Mom lived in El Cajon ( sounds like El Ca-hone andit does get hot out there!) and played at the beach in (by the way it is spelled..) La Jolla ( sounds like La Hoya..VERY expensieve place)
Class of "52" San Diego High School
Dove

Back
Top Bottom