Looking For Sierra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Sierra, heard about the big quake in No. CA & evacuation (re Tsunami). Thought of you & hope you & yours are okay.

Mish

WHAT , WHAT???
Going to cnn.com

I'll find out what ya'll are talking about.
In the mean time, Sierra, I hope you are okay. Talk to us and let us know.

Sierra, Saw something on the news last night about it not being bad I sure hope so... Check in when you can we are thinking of you.
kadesma

I just saw that there was another earthquake in CA. This time it was Southern CA. I hope all of our friends are safe and sound!

Sierra is closer to Reno Navada..quite a long ways from the Coast. It was close to the Oregon/Ca border. We are both in North...Central Ca. she is north east of me, here in Sacramento.

The quake is about 5 or 6 hours north of here.
Dove

Thanks for the concern, mish. I did not feel a thing being so far from the coast. When the Cape Mendocino/Ferndale earthquake hit in the Spring of '92 I was living in Arcata, CA. That earthquake measured 7.2 on the reichter scale. The two major aftershocks were in the high 6.0s.

Here is some information on yesterday's earthquake.

Magnitude 7.2 - OFF THE COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
2005 June 15 02:50:54 UTC

Preliminary Earthquake Report
U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

[font=arial, helvetica]A major earthquake occurred at 02:50:54 (UTC) on Wednesday, June 15, 2005. The magnitude 7.2 event has been located OFF THE COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. (This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.) [/font]

neic_ziae_small.gif

[font=arial,helvetica]Magnitude[/font][font=arial,helvetica]7.2[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Date-Time[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 02:50:54 (UTC)
= Coordinated Universal Time
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 at 6:50:54 PM
= local time at epicenter [/font]
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones [font=arial,helvetica]Location[/font][font=arial,helvetica]41.328°N, 125.868°W[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Depth[/font][font=arial,helvetica]10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Region[/font][font=arial,helvetica]OFF THE COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Distances[/font][font=arial,helvetica]147 km (91 miles) WSW (252°) from Crescent City, CA
147 km (92 miles) WNW (282°) from Trinidad, CA
150 km (93 miles) WSW (252°) from Bertsch-Oceanview, CA
485 km (302 miles) NW (311°) from Sacramento, CA
[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Location Uncertainty[/font][font=arial,helvetica]horizontal +/- 5.2 km (3.2 miles); depth fixed by location program[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Parameters[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Nst=190, Nph=190, Dmin=165.7 km, Rmss=1.42 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7 [/font][font=arial,helvetica]Source[/font][font=arial,helvetica]USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Event ID[/font][font=arial,helvetica]usziae[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica]Tsunami Information
[/font]

News Links

So glad you're okay, Sierra.

Don't think I'll ever forget the Northridge quake & the devastation. This has been one heck of a week.

Back
Top Bottom