"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #11
Head Chef

Hopefully I won't get pelted with baked goods, spam or other food for saying this...

I think she got shafted. They put her in jail based on a stupid loophole (lying to investigators) while other people (Enron, Tyco, etc) walk free and they did MUCH worse. why not make an example of someone whose actions effected thousands of people? It was a measley 60k, how much was the Enron thing worth?

I'll wait for the food to pelt me. Most either love her or hate her. I'm indifferent. Hated her before she went in, tolerate her now and hope she comes back swinging to show those good ole boys.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #12
Certified Executive Chef

Lugaru, me too. I think she was a scape goat and it really annoys me that people line the enron bunch are walking around free and THEY really hurt people, Martha only hurt herself with lying, which is why she did the time. She is like the Phoenix.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #13
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc
Hopefully I won't get pelted with baked goods, spam or other food for saying this...

I think she got shafted. They put her in jail based on a stupid loophole (lying to investigators) while other people (Enron, Tyco, etc) walk free and they did MUCH worse. why not make an example of someone whose actions effected thousands of people? It was a measley 60k, how much was the Enron thing worth?

I'll wait for the food to pelt me. Most either love her or hate her. I'm indifferent. Hated her before she went in, tolerate her now and hope she comes back swinging to show those good ole boys.
htc, I guess you and I are the only ones who think she got a bad deal. I renewed my subscription to her LIVING magazine and subscribed to her Everyday Cooking magazine. I am glad she is coming back stronger and moving ahead with her life. She made a lot of friends there, and will be doing things to help them.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #14
Head Chef

Norg, I agree, I can't wait until she does her Apprentice show. I will try to watch every week. I hope she writes a book, I would love to hear first hand what her thoughts are on the whole thing...I really hope she will prosper now that she's out. As to whether she gets nicer from it, I don't really care that's her own personal thing.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:28 PM   #15
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc
Norg, I agree, I can't wait until she does her Apprentice show. I will try to watch every week. I hope she writes a book, I would love to hear first hand what her thoughts are on the whole thing...I really hope she will prosper now that she's out. As to whether she gets nicer from it, I don't really care that's her own personal thing.
htc, she will have two shows. THe one you mentioned, but the other will be similar to her FTV show, it will be an hour and something like a talk show and live cooking show. The cooking one will be in the morning sometime. I also have heard she will be writing a book. Paula Zahn and Larry King will be featuring her today on CNN. I do not know where you are, but they are on a 5 and 6PM respectively here in Eugene, OR>
Old 03-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #16
Head Chef

Norg, I'm in Portland. Are they just going to talk about her, or actually interview her? I've seen all the news reports about her, but I want to hear from her...
Old 03-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #17
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc
Norg, I'm in Portland. Are they just going to talk about her, or actually interview her? I've seen all the news reports about her, but I want to hear from her...
I am not certain htc, King may show some previous episodes before she went to Camp Cupcake. I imagine there will be interviews but past ones, Paula is said to have had someone in the prison with a camera showing her activities, but no interview. I believe Barbara Walters will have the first interview. There really has not been time for her to have an interview unless they are there now.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:27 PM   #18
Cook

I think they should have thrown the key away, not because of what she did,but to save society from her appalling tastes.The lowest common denominatrix.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #19
Head Chef

htc and norgeskog,

I am with the both of you I believe that Martha got shafted. I am definetly glad that Martha is out of prison and hopefully she will make a big come back.

- WOODROW WILSON
Old 03-05-2005, 07:13 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitfeelgoodcookit
The lowest common denominatrix.
LMAO