Man, you cut off one arm and she grows back two.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing makes me more mad then when someone mentions her name. That wasn't a prison. She shouldn't have gottin the privlage to stay there. You know if that was someone else they would be sitting in a cell. Not a home. I can go on and on but, I wil stop at that :D

They say prison made Martha a kinder, gentler person. I'm not buying it yet. Only time will tell if she returns to her mean, controlling ways. House arrest on an estate? PLEASE!

Hopefully I won't get pelted with baked goods, spam or other food for saying this... ;)

I think she got shafted. They put her in jail based on a stupid loophole (lying to investigators) while other people (Enron, Tyco, etc) walk free and they did MUCH worse. why not make an example of someone whose actions effected thousands of people? It was a measley 60k, how much was the Enron thing worth?

I'll wait for the food to pelt me. :LOL: Most either love her or hate her. I'm indifferent. Hated her before she went in, tolerate her now and hope she comes back swinging to show those good ole boys.

Lugaru, me too. I think she was a scape goat and it really annoys me that people line the enron bunch are walking around free and THEY really hurt people, Martha only hurt herself with lying, which is why she did the time. She is like the Phoenix.

htc said:
Hopefully I won't get pelted with baked goods, spam or other food for saying this... ;)

I think she got shafted. They put her in jail based on a stupid loophole (lying to investigators) while other people (Enron, Tyco, etc) walk free and they did MUCH worse. why not make an example of someone whose actions effected thousands of people? It was a measley 60k, how much was the Enron thing worth?

I'll wait for the food to pelt me. :LOL: Most either love her or hate her. I'm indifferent. Hated her before she went in, tolerate her now and hope she comes back swinging to show those good ole boys.

htc, I guess you and I are the only ones who think she got a bad deal. I renewed my subscription to her LIVING magazine and subscribed to her Everyday Cooking magazine. I am glad she is coming back stronger and moving ahead with her life. She made a lot of friends there, and will be doing things to help them.

Norg, I agree, I can't wait until she does her Apprentice show. I will try to watch every week. I hope she writes a book, I would love to hear first hand what her thoughts are on the whole thing...I really hope she will prosper now that she's out. As to whether she gets nicer from it, I don't really care that's her own personal thing.

htc said:
Norg, I agree, I can't wait until she does her Apprentice show. I will try to watch every week. I hope she writes a book, I would love to hear first hand what her thoughts are on the whole thing...I really hope she will prosper now that she's out. As to whether she gets nicer from it, I don't really care that's her own personal thing.

htc, she will have two shows. THe one you mentioned, but the other will be similar to her FTV show, it will be an hour and something like a talk show and live cooking show. The cooking one will be in the morning sometime. I also have heard she will be writing a book. Paula Zahn and Larry King will be featuring her today on CNN. I do not know where you are, but they are on a 5 and 6PM respectively here in Eugene, OR>

Norg, I'm in Portland. Are they just going to talk about her, or actually interview her? I've seen all the news reports about her, but I want to hear from her...

htc said:
Norg, I'm in Portland. Are they just going to talk about her, or actually interview her? I've seen all the news reports about her, but I want to hear from her...

I am not certain htc, King may show some previous episodes before she went to Camp Cupcake. I imagine there will be interviews but past ones, Paula is said to have had someone in the prison with a camera showing her activities, but no interview. I believe Barbara Walters will have the first interview. There really has not been time for her to have an interview unless they are there now.

I think they should have thrown the key away, not because of what she did,but to save society from her appalling tastes.The lowest common denominatrix.

htc and norgeskog,

I am with the both of you I believe that Martha got shafted. I am definetly glad that Martha is out of prison and hopefully she will make a big come back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom