Marge - this is for Paul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Paul,

When we met in Napa Valley my husband was very taken with your stories and still talks about what a great man he thinks you are - and I think so too. So, thank you Paul - for the sacrifices both you and Marge made, for the mind-set to get the job done and for serving our country so valiantly.

Love,

Michael and Vicky

Thank you Elf and Michael for thinking of him on this day. We have lost so many on the field of combat and no one knows it any better then Paul does. It weighs heavley on his mind the older he gets.

My Prayers go out to all our Service People and to their families today.

Support our Troups.
Marge

Paul just came in and I read him your message. He stood very quiet for about a minute..then turned away and walked off. I have no idea what he was thinking..I won't ask. His thoughts were private.
Marge

He and all veterans are in our hearts and prayers. Thank him for me too. Whether he knows or believes it or not, he's a hero. He's helped us remain free and he is honored today with the rest of the surviving and fallen!! God bless you, Paul.

I hope he doesn't think we spoke "out of turn" as neither Michael nor I could possibly understand what he did for us nor can we understand the toll it has taken on his emotional/mental health and we, personally WILL never understand - all we can do is thank him.

I just finished watching "Hamburger Hill". The movie that was about the Vietnam War. I have no idea how accurate it was but I think it probably is one of the ones that shows alot of what some of the soldiers experienced. A very emotional movie for me. I can't even imagine what our Vets have went through. I am honored and proud that they sacraficed their lives for me and my loved ones to give us our freedom. My father was in the Korean War. He doesn't talk about it really. He's only shared a few of the koren phrases he's learned......"Hurry Up" and "Hurts like H E Double Hockey Sticks"....sorry but figured it'd get xxx out and you wouldn't know what I was saying.
I sat watching the movie tonight and thought how I wished I could talk to him about it but I know that thats a part of his life he probably wouldn't want to relive. And also with his stroke in October he probably couldn't tell me exactly and get even more frustrated.
So to all who have served our great country and are serving now I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving myself and my family the freedom we have.

kitchenelf said:
I hope he doesn't think we spoke "out of turn" as neither Michael nor I could possibly understand what he did for us nor can we understand the toll it has taken on his emotional/mental health and we, personally WILL never understand - all we can do is thank him.

No Elf, you didn't speak out of turn. I think he was touched to hear your message.
Last week on the news someone spoke of the embitterment of our returning V.N Vets. He didn't say much when he came home..we just went on with our lives. I asked him if he was bitter..he said "He..yes. people have no idea what we went through!"
Last Sunday Kevin said he watched "wounded in action" on PBS. He and his roomate just sat there in awh(sp) he had an idea of what our guys went though but he said this really showed them and he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He said "I better not be around if anyone calls Dad a baby killer!! since he has heard that has been said before.

Nuff said, I step down now.
Marge

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom