Mattress Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
OK, this sounds stupid to bring up on a cooking forum, but husband asked me to ask you guys (as in, "gee, you seem to think a lot about those food people you're always writing to, why not ask them?) -- has anyone tried the tempra-pedic (sp, sorry, don't have an ad in front of me right now) mattress? We're desperately in need of a new mattress/springs and tried one in the store, liked it, but long term, wondering who has tried it and what they think (if you know of a web site that I could tune into, let me know). We know AARP gave it a good rating. Anyone chime in here on what they like.

Hi Clair,

There was a thread about this before. Here is the link. For the record, I have a pillow made of that stuff and love it, although it is very expensive.

Claire, Consumer Reports reviewed mattresses in their current issue. I received a couple of days ago but already tossed it. I do remember that it was a bi-polar thing - people either loved it or hated it. If you don't subscribe, most libraries have a copy of the magazine.

My girlfriend and her husband bought one at Christmas time and they love it. While I haven't slept on it, I did lounge on it a couple times just to try it out. I was impressed enough that I'll be purchasing one shortly.

:heart:
Z

Thanks, GB, I did look before writing, but sometimes there are too many pages to go through in order to find what I'm looking for. I think the bottom line is that the mattress is expensive, but worth it for some. That's probably enough for us to give it a try, given that my husband has never had back pain before. As we all know, something doesn't really exist until a man experiences it (in other words, when I said that our mattress was a piece of doo-doo and I was waking up in pain, it was no big deal. He is, and will spend anything to replace the mattress). So far, no one has bought it and said "this is a scam". If and when we buy it, I will look on both threads and give all an update.

Back
Top Bottom