"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 12-26-2004, 02:59 AM   #21
Master Chef

a belated Merry Christmas!

Old 12-26-2004, 06:02 AM   #22
Cook

Happy holidays to all. :D

Old 12-26-2004, 08:09 AM   #23
Master Chef

A day late, but no less heartfelt; Merry Christmas to all of you. I hope your Christmas day was as warm and full of love an joy as mine was. All of my kids were over at my house by 6 n the morning, except for my sone Troy, who called from the Iraque border. The gifts weren't preposterously big as we are trying to save for a trip to San Diego in the spring, but they were genuinely filled with love. And my youngest (18) read the Christmas story, as is our traditons each Christmas morning, which just filled the house with tender feelings for each other, and set the stage for the remaining day. I don't believe there was one argument all day. My only regret, I was late at my Sisters house, and her roast, cooked on her brand new rotisserie was a bit overcooked because of it. I will have to do something special for her to make up for it. She wasn't very happy. I don't blame her.

Once she got over her initial anger, she was very congenial and all sisters, with their husbands, and all cousins had a great time. Christmas is truly a time of generosity, love, and the joy of puting others first. I wish each of you , my freinds, a future filled with that loving spirit, not just for Christmas day, but for each and every day.

But always remember, without problems, we would never grow. So give thanks for those as well.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 12-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
merry christmas jkath, and to all of my new and dear friends here. no matter what gifts i recieve this year, i have been given a great one a little early; the gift of all of your love and friendship! may it grow and flourish for many many years to come...
oh, bucks, you're too loveable for words. i hope baby-Bucky had the best of Christmases!