"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Sometimes I go all day without eating then binge at night.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:37 PM   #12
Master Chef

I can't get started without breakfast. I usually have cereal or hot oatmeal. If I'm on the road that day I'll have a bagel or granola bar. The only time that I don't eat breakfast is if I'm up really early (say 4-ish).

I try to have a healthy snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon, along with a small lunch and dinner.

My problem is the snacking all day. It's more of an issue during the week. My job is so dull, picking at snacks is something to do and make the time pass--a very dangerous thing! I tend to skip lunch on the weekends--we have earlier dinners since I'm home to cook earlier.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:40 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

i do the same sometimes. i probably only eat an actual breakfast once a week, but i do pick at the fruit and veggies (and fingertips) that i chop for the birds every morning, and take a swig of oj or chocolate soy milk. my schedule changes so often that i can never get on a routine for more than a few weeks at a time.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:47 PM   #14
Master Chef

I never miss a meal, intentionally. Every once in awhile I will get busy at work and forget to eat lunch on time. I always have breakfast, even if it is just a bowl of cereal. I pack a bunch of things in my lunch that are easy to eat on the go. Then if I get busy and don't have time for lunch, I can grab something and eat on the way to the next job or project or fire that I have to put out.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 02-26-2005, 04:37 AM   #15
Head Chef

If hubby is home we eat breakfest, other wise i don't eat anything until about 1:00. Then don't eat agaim until evening. When hubby is home we eat 3 meals aday. More fun cooking for 2 then one.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #16
Hospitality Queen

I want to go to keen kook's house for breakfast!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #17
Executive Chef

I'm like a lot of the members here, I fill up on coffee in the morning. Rarely will I actually eat solid food. I usually don't eat lunch until late, like about 4 pm or so, as this is when we get the afternoon meal at work. If I'm working early (like I have to all next week), then I'll eat the 10:45 am meal as well. I'll eat dinner (if anything is left) when I get home, usually between 8 pm and 11 pm, depending on business.

I've been off work the past three weeks, as the country club I work for shuts down in Feb. I've been trying to eat lunch, but I usually don't really get that hungry until later. I've been cooking dinner most nights, and usually don't get dinner done until 7 pm or later. PeppA and her mom are used to eating later, sometimes as late at 10 pm.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
I want to go to keen kook's house for breakfast!!!
Oooooh yes please Jkath! (blushes, mumbles and shuffles feet shyly!) :oops: :D