"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #21
Certified Executive Chef

Congrats Sarah, I had a ultrasound and they printed it for me and it is in my daughter's baby book, she was amazed at it. Did they tell you the baby's gender???

Old 02-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #22
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
CONGRATS SARAH!!!!! That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you. It is amazing when you see the ultra sound picture isn't it?

Are you going to find out what you are having?
i'm only 13 weeks pregnant and i already wanna know if its a boy or a girl,i'm just so curious,but its still too early to determine that,so i'll have to wait.... :)

Old 02-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #23
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
And the love for you child is just beginning...When you first hold that bundle of joy, you will feel like your heart will burst with love.

When my boys would move it felt like I swallowed a large goldfish..
My first son would push a foot tight against my tummy and you could almost see the size of his foot.(his first shoes were a size 3. When Paul saw him for the first time he pressed his foot against the glass and DH's first words to the nurse were " My Gawd, what big feet!"

Once when the foot was pressed tight against my tummy, Paul leaned down and pressed his lips against it and inhaled and Blew hard...big dummy! John kicked and fluttered for 45 minutes and we thought I was going to have to go to the ER. I was in tears...scared Paul to death and I'm glad..

No wonder John didn't want to be born...LOL

SEE everything mentioned, I have a story! Sorry to get carried away..all the posts just bring back memories.
Marge~Dove
wow dove! i cant wait to feel the baby kicking,hehehe,i'm sure its a wonderful feeling... :)
Old 02-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #24
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
It is amazing what you can see in a ultrasound. With my daughter, we could actually tell that she had hair on her head before she was born. With all three of my kids, when they measured the skull, as they "zoom" in and out, I actually saw brain tissue.

And if you think that's wild, wait until you see one of the new 3-D ultrasounds. We had one done of Ellie, and it was like she was laying on her side, with her hands up to her head, but partially submerged in water, from the perspective of the ultrasound.
i could make out the nose and mouth,and i even got to look at the little feet and arms
Old 02-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
wow dove! i cant wait to feel the baby kicking,hehehe,i'm sure its a wonderful feeling...
feels like butterflies in the stomache. pretty weird but so neat
Old 02-23-2005, 06:03 PM   #26
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
My dad smashed my fingers in the door when I was 3. :? He also hit on my girlfriends when I was in high school. I STILL am MAAAAAAD about that.
lol DS! but i'm sure he must have felt proud and over joyed when he first saw you coming into this world :)
Old 02-23-2005, 06:04 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I've wondered where you've been sarah!!! Congratulations. It's quite an experience - enjoy it!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 02-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #28
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Congrats Sarah, I had a ultrasound and they printed it for me and it is in my daughter's baby book, she was amazed at it. Did they tell you the baby's gender???
yeah they printed it for me too,and i'm gonna save them for my baby to see one day :) ,they didnt tell me the gender yet,but they will in a few weeks hopefully
Old 02-23-2005, 06:07 PM   #29
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
oh sarah that is such great news !!!
i am so very happy for you !!!
just wait until you hear the heartbeat!!!
that itself is the most relaxing thing i have
ever experienced. i myself did not have an
easy pregnancy, so here's to hoping that
you do !!!
i used to be nauseous all the time ,but thankgod i'm through with the 1st trimester now,its a lot easier now :) ,i even feel like cooking again,and i can bear hearing the talk of food now,hehe
Old 02-23-2005, 06:31 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Long time ago for me!! But the memories are still there. Time seems to go so fast when you want to remember every moment. I remember always talking to them, played soft music, and said my prayers out loud. Felt like the only time I knew I could encourage them to let them know they were wanted. How often I would be sitting at work and just thinking of them and would feel them start moving. One of the sales rep told me, 'this is the time where the fear of God is important'. He was a real looker and true to his wife, is the reason I respected what he said. Some girls are just lucky all the way around. Hope that is in your case as well. Such delicate time you want life to be kind. Blessings to you and your family. Love your name, most of my nieces are named Sarah. Another thing you have the joy of giving someone a name. Wow!