"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-23-2005, 07:03 PM   #31
Head Chef

Congratulations, Sarah, what a wonderful time! I wish for you a pregnancy and delivery exactly as I had - one wonderful day after another and a present at the end!

I was sooooo niave, though, I thought the baby only kicked once...that was quickening...right? I waited with my hands on my tummy afraid I would miss it! Boy was I wrong!

Love, hugs, good health and happiness!

Old 02-23-2005, 07:04 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Congrats Sara! :D

Old 02-24-2005, 01:17 AM   #33
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Congratulations Sarah! Pregnancy was one of the best times of my life. I pray you have as easy a pregnancy as I had. It's funny how different they can all be. My mom said that I kicked so much that when she was in a car accident and I stopped kicking for 30 minutes, she thought I was dead. (I still can't keep my legs still!). My daughter, on the other hand, never kicked me once through my whole pregnancy. One time I felt a tiny little "boop" but otherwise, she just gently rolled. And boy did she hiccup a lot! My daughter was also born in September, but 25 1/2 years ago. Back then ultrasounds were only used if there was a problem, so I never had one done (I could have requested one I guess, but insurance wouldn't pay for it). I would have loved that. :) Enjoy this time Sarah. As they say, "the best is yet to come."

:) Barbara
Old 02-24-2005, 01:58 AM   #34
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Congrats on the News Sarah from the new gandparents.

Our daughter had a baby girl last week. Already talking about number 2.

Susies remark "It's not as much fun getting it out as it was getting it in" didn't phase her at all...... 8) 8)

I won't bet on a sex, boy or girl, it doesn't matter, maybe one of each early would be nice. 10 fingers, ten toes - all's well.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:16 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

great news, sarah. Enjoy this time and practice taking catnaps NOW. This will come in handy later.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:31 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

congrats and hugs sarah!!!!!!!! your love, already strong, will only grow by leaps and bounds from here on in. it will amaze you how much you can love a tiny little being like that. promise that you will tell us, when you find out, if it's a girl or boy. when my wife and i went for the checkup ultrasound, and we found out we were having a boy and he was by all appearances healthy, i think i jumped 10 feet in the air, arms pumping, and banged into the arm of some big machine in the room, sending it flying. i hope i didn't break it.
ok everyone, a few more months and it will be time to start another advice and best wishes thread for sarah...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #37
Master Chef

that is so awesome, sarah. congratulations! what names do you have in mind?
keep us updated, okay?
all my best to you and the baby. :)
Old 02-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksy
Congrats on the News Sarah from the new gandparents.

Our daughter had a baby girl last week. Already talking about number 2.

Susies remark "It's not as much fun getting it out as it was getting it in" didn't phase her at all...... 8) 8)

I won't bet on a ***, boy or girl, it doesn't matter, maybe one of each early would be nice. 10 fingers, ten toes - all's well.
Congratulations to you, Brooksy. Is this your first grandchild? What is her name? Who does she look like? Had an easy time? Did you get to be there when it happened or does she live out of town? I am sure you will take good care of her. My mother always seemed to spoil the grandchildren. Do you know they seemed to thrive on her treatment? They knew they were loved. We all want to follow in our mom's example.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:24 PM   #39
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Congratulations to you, Brooksy. Is this your first grandchild? What is her name? Who does she look like? Had an easy time? Did you get to be there when it happened or does she live out of town? I am sure you will take good care of her. My mother always seemed to spoil the grandchildren. Do you know they seemed to thrive on her treatment? They knew they were loved. We all want to follow in our mom's example.
Thanx ITK. Much appreciated. Now for the answers.
1. Yes, Our 1st.
2. Skye Eleanora
3. Depends who you talk to. She is really beautiful.
4. As far as I could tell. Susie said Mum was distressed near the end & Dad was going flat out on the gas..
5. I wasn't there when she was put in , but we were at the hosp. when she was born. Susie was in delivery room, I was in the 'other room'.
6. I posted on Birthsdays & intro's - "It's a girl". last week

The main thing is that child birth is an experience. I can't speak for women, but from my point of view, it is very scary. Susie & I have 3 so it must have been really interesting from her persective because it is choice.

I think you'll be a good Mum (or Mom) Sarah, don't take advice from a male, listen to the ladies. They're the one's with ALL the experience. :D

I'm still really chuffed at your news.

Great stuff.........
:D :D :D
Old 02-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #40
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
I've wondered where you've been sarah!!! Congratulations. It's quite an experience - enjoy it!!!
yeah you r right elf! i havent been visiting here much because i was sick mostly and could'nt hear all this talk of food,but i'm back,and thanks!